ValveBody

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
Does the valve body really give you the gains some people talk of? There are valve bodies and some sell the Line Mod Valve by itself? I used my predator to bump up transmission specs and was chirping in 2nd gear, but lost the sheet of paper I recorded it on, and since changed it...

I am fixing to get a tune after I change my cams, I just had bottom end redone with Manley rods, and a new front end with pump, chains and guides, etc, etc. (I spun the #8 rod bearing with loss of oil pressure and still have ticking in the top end... lifters!) I also had my SC ported, delamed and rebuilt by Steiegmier (Spell Check) while the engine was out.

One thing I dont like (This is the only thing I don't like about the lightning... or maybe I will say: want to be better!?) is I can be cruising in a certain gear at a certain RPM and punch it... and it doesn't really do anything... I hate that! I need one more gear in there at least! :rolling:

Has anyone ever put a six speed in there?

OK. Recap...

Valve Body?
Six Speed?

Last edited:

NottaFox

Established Member
I have the Punnisher Street Version VB in my L and I had to use my Predator to turn the shift pressure down. It definately makes them more fun to drive.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Alot of people say to use the valve body than using a hand held to up the pressure. When i got dyno tuned, I told him my intentions and he barely added some pressure in the tune, but the punisher vb in next on the list. So when you punch it, it doesn't kick down or has a lag? I can do 60mph, punch it and it screams.

Dusten

Established Member
The valve body not only gives the gains, but it adds life to your transmission. As far as adding line pressure via your tuner. While it works, its not the best idea. It can actually put added stress on pump and cause it to wear prematurely. As far as the six speed, do a search, its been covered at great length.

my98stang46

Established Member
Way back when a installed a factory tech valve body on my 01. I was far less than impressed by it. I hear the punishers are leaps and bounds better though I've never had any experience with one

oilwell1415

Established Member
I love my Factory Tech, but I got it about 10 years ago before their quality went to hell. I'd guess it's worth a tenth or two. It got me from losing to one guy by a couple of lengths to running even. With the vb I got about a length on him at each shift, then he'd reel me back in about the time the next shift happened and I'd get a length again. At the line we were dead even again.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
The valve body not only gives the gains, but it adds life to your transmission. As far as adding line pressure via your tuner. While it works, its not the best idea. It can actually put added stress on pump and cause it to wear prematurely. As far as the six speed, do a search, its been covered at great length.

Exactly. Put the pressure back to stock and go with a valve body. Tons of good ones out there. Punisher, DMP, Factory Tech.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Not only is an aftermarket accumulator valve body better because it is not as hard on the pump, but it shortens the time in-between shifts which reduces wear on the clutches and steels and extends the life of your transmission.

Line mod valves are just a single valve replaced in the accumulator valve body. A cheapskate way of trying to achieve the gains of a completely modified valve body.

Hope that helps, FFS

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Not only is an aftermarket accumulator valve body better because it is not as hard on the pump, but it shortens the time in-between shifts which reduces wear on the clutches and steels and extends the life of your transmission.

Line mod valves are just a single valve replaced in the accumulator valve body. A cheapskate way of trying to achieve the gains of a completely modified valve body.

Hope that helps, FFS

Doesn't help at all :poke: :lol:

Good to see you on here Stan.. LR still misses you :dw:

No more SVTE either?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Doesn't help at all :poke: :lol:

Good to see you on here Stan.. LR still misses you :dw:

No more SVTE either?

I have just been so busy with school and beginning a new career yesterday was the first day I logged onto any L boards in to check things out. . . umm probably 4-6 months? And I just happened to already be on here in another section. Good thing is I only have about 4-6 weeks 'til I actually graduate.. finally!!!

I'll try to check out whats going on the other boards to since things are starting to slow down a little.

Users who are viewing this thread