Valve stem replacement question

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I received a notice from Discount regarding a bad supply of Dill valve stems. They're (you're) offering free stem replacement which I think is stand-up and appreciated. A couple of questions though - the letter doesn't reference which tires I bought. I've purchased tires for my Cobra, my former E150 van and my daughter's '98 GT. How do I know which ones may have the bad valve stems? I purchased all of my tires in Dallas, Tx, but have since relocated to Las Vegas and somehow DT has my new address. As a tire dummy, how long does it take to replace just the valve stems? As I try to remember, the tire doesn't have to come off, it just has to be deflated? I plan on taking the Cobra in, probably next Saturday but any other info would be appreciated. TIA.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I received a notice from Discount regarding a bad supply of Dill valve stems. They're (you're) offering free stem replacement which I think is stand-up and appreciated. A couple of questions though - the letter doesn't reference which tires I bought. I've purchased tires for my Cobra, my former E150 van and my daughter's '98 GT. How do I know which ones may have the bad valve stems? I purchased all of my tires in Dallas, Tx, but have since relocated to Las Vegas and somehow DT has my new address. As a tire dummy, how long does it take to replace just the valve stems? As I try to remember, the tire doesn't have to come off, it just has to be deflated? I plan on taking the Cobra in, probably next Saturday but any other info would be appreciated. TIA.

If you have received our Customer Advisory Letter or were a Discount Tire Direct Customer between August 1, 2006 and July 31, 2007,you may have been sold a defective Dill Air Control valve stem.
Details:DEFECTIVE DILL VALVE STEM ADVISORY

Changing the valve stems is a very quick process, the tire does not need to be dismounted, just deflated.

It sounds to me like you may need to take in all your vehicles for this replacement. You can call your local Discount Tire Store for more information.

Last edited:

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I got another one of these as well, i noticed it said for reimbusment I needed the original reciept & such, I assume i do NOT need these if i take it to discount tire since they would be able to look up my reciept & such. because well I don't have them, but my valve stems ARE cracking

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I got another one of these as well, i noticed it said for reimbusment I needed the original reciept & such, I assume i do NOT need these if i take it to discount tire since they would be able to look up my reciept & such. because well I don't have them, but my valve stems ARE cracking

If you purchased the valves through the local store, they will have your information on file. If you made your purchase through Discount Tire Direct, I can send you a copy of your invoice. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread