Valve spring compressor tool?

Quick Strike

Established Member
It would be great if the tool above works on the intake and exhaust valves. Otherwise, you need 303-452 (Intake) and 303-567 (Exhaust) compressors for a total north of $300.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
are the heads on the car or off? if their off- just buy the over the head style compressor from summit for 40 bux- works like a charm.

metalman302

Established Member
The one I posted does both intake and exhaust... note the two different feet included and the two holes for the retaining pin.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Here is a simple spring compresser I made from a C clamp. I just took a 1" dia aluminum rod stock and milled a pocket to clear the valve stem and to fish the keepers out. I would have spent more time doing a better job attaching the bobbin. It's redneck but you can't argue with success :-D

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

On engines with BIG time seat pressure this is the only way remove the valves because an OEM tool won't be able to compress the spring :eek:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
crowsfoot help with that too- I did that with scrap metal, and extension, and a crowsfoot to install my followers after cam install

Quagmire

Established Member
Heads are off i just want to time stock cams, i can always just use marks and put back to stock. I figure if it was under like 250 for tools i would do

Quick Strike

Established Member
Heads are off i just want to time stock cams, i can always just use marks and put back to stock. I figure if it was under like 250 for tools i would do

A big screwdriver works to pop the roller followers off and on when on the base circle. You just need to be careful around the valve stem and think each one through. You will also need a lash adjuster welded solid if you are talking about degreeing the cams?

Users who are viewing this thread