Valve spring and cam help

2003_lightning

Established Member
Ok guys I'm swapping a coyote into my project and picked up a f150 motor. I know about the compression differences. Also I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't really sure where to put it. Anyways I bought the ford racing springs m-12508-m50 but they say for exhaust only. So should I not put them in the intake even though I can only find one valve spring part number for the boss? Also next question is the cams. I hear that the intake cams are the same across the coyote family it's just the exhaust cams are different? Should I run the boss or cobra jet exhaust cam? And keep the stock f150 intake cam? I plan on a boss manifold as well as long tubes and what not.

2003_lightning

Established Member
Great Info thanks guys! I've bin researching all Day and going to get the gt intake, the boss exhaust and run the boss springs on all valves. Then grab the crank gear and the good oil pump gears and put it back together. Anything else I need to do while its apart?

2003_lightning

Established Member
Ordered the boss 302r exhaust cams m-6550-m50br I need to figure out what intake cam I'm going to use now... I checked and it appears as my intake and exhaust rocker box is clearances for the 13mm lift cams

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Ordered the boss 302r exhaust cams m-6550-m50br I need to figure out what intake cam I'm going to use now... I checked and it appears as my intake and exhaust rocker box is clearances for the 13mm lift cams

Buy the L&M engines intake cam set. Plenty of info has been posted about these by AED during the last couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread