Valve cover question 94/95 Cobra

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
:shrug:Hey guys I'm hoping this is an easy one for someone.......
I am upgrading my '92 Notch 5.0 with a '93 Cobra upper & lower intake manifold and i got a hold of a set of low mileage '94 cobra heads. These have the 1.7 Crane Cam roller rockers (stock for the '94 & '95 from what I'm told). The question is concerning the valve covers. Do I need something different than what I already have (stock '92 5.0 covers) because of clearance issues? Will '93 Cobra Valve covers work? The Ford Racing aluminum finned EFI versions are nice but expensive...not even sure if they will fit.
Any help here would be appreciated.....Thanks!

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
Thanks Mark C. ...
I forgot to mention the cam question. I hear Steeda #19 is good, Anderson N41, and of course a custom grind. I'm all about midrange here and not so much what the car can do above 6000 rpm. Someone else told me to leave the stock one in if that is the case. Thoughts?

95riosnake

Established Member
He is right the pre-94 valve covers will work. The only difference as far as valve covers go from the fox bodies to the 94-95's is that the alternator sits further back, creating clearance issues with aftermarket valve covers. Since you're using fox accessories it won't be an issue.

The Steeda 19 and Crane 2031 get along with the 94-95 cobra heads and Cobra intake very well. I had the 2031 in my old motor and it worked very well for me, it was designed with the GT40's and the Crane 1.7 rr's in mind I have been told. It was a very streetable cam that gave me no issues whatsoever once I got the car tuned. You might fare even better in that department by not having the 94-95 J4J1 computer from the cobras that hates absolutely any mod, lol. The only problem is Crane has gone out of business as a victim of the economy. I have heard good things about the Steeda 19 but have no personal experience. I haven't heard much about the Anderson cam.

Users who are viewing this thread