Valve Cover Fittings

cammedmach

Established Member
I have an 03 mach 1 and I'm currently running breathers on both valve covers. I will be changing over to a catch can/breather tank setup. It's a Moroso dual inlet, so I will be running both valve covers into this single tank. I'm looking for a 90* elbow to nipple that will press in to the factory valve cover grommets. Any recommendations? Is there something universal that can be used?

*I posted this in the mach 1 section as well, but I believe the cobras have the same grommet.

Ryan

cammedmach

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I do already have the can on the way, but still need to buy the fittings, and I'm trying to save even a little more money by running fuel hose instead of braided lines. Have you seen any valve cover press in 90* fittings with a nipple on the end to run a hose instead of an or npt fittings?

cammedmach

Established Member
I've also ready that either a 10 or 12an fitting can be carefully threaded into the factory grommet. In that case, I could flip the valve cover fittings that you sent, and it would work for what I'm trying to do.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
You could try that, reversing them. I did this as budget as I could and $33 for 10ft of hose and $40 for all the fittings is pretty cheap. I currently have heater hose and this black braided line is going to look much better.

Edit: You can buy heater hose 90* fittings that will push right into the factory grommet. That's what I use currently but am switching em out for the new ones I bought.

Last edited:

cammedmach

Established Member
You could try that, reversing them. I did this as budget as I could and $33 for 10ft of hose and $40 for all the fittings is pretty cheap. I currently have heater hose and this black braided line is going to look much better.

Edit: You can buy heater hose 90* fittings that will push right into the factory grommet. That's what I use currently but am switching em out for the new ones I bought.
^Those are what I'm looking for

cammedmach

Established Member
Where can I find the 90* fittings that press into the factory grommet and use heater hose? Would you be willing to sell yours, or have a link for them?

Users who are viewing this thread