Valve cover breathers.....pics?

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
Anyone running breathers in the valve covers instead of the PCV tubes? If so, please post up some pics. I've heard doing this keeps your IMRCs clean which saves a big headache in the long run.

thanks,
jason

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Damn if the search worked you could find a pic from when we were talking about the IMRCs. I've heard if you go this route the oil gets dirtier faster, can't remember why though. Try going over to the Corral( www.thecorral.net ) and finding something over there, I found something in a quick search:

Corral thread

Hope this helps man. I've thought about doing the same thing and have the directions to make it work, just haven't done it yet.

Erick

Established Member
Check out http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com
on the bottom of the page they have an oil separater/breather. I just ordered one. I've been using a K&N breather cap, but with the stock ECU the DOHC is supposed to remain closed and I was getting tired of cleaning oil off the side of my cam cover.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Damn that piece is $119. Another great reason why i chose the 95...easier on the wallet when it comes to parts. It costs me $30 for the PCV valve to the upper intake mod that has the oil separator needed for blow-by. :cool:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
^
More info on you set up Raven...I just changed my PCV...But I'm getting tired of the mess my breather is making under the hood..(drips oil on my damned valve cover and down to the header....eeeeew!!)Instructions on your set up and parts involved(#s) would be greatly appreciated...Thanks....

Users who are viewing this thread