Valve body in a daily driver?

351coupe

Established Member
What do you think?Any change in drivability?And those that have them,what brand did you go with?Thanks

boomr

Established Member
I've only had my truck for about a month and half now, driven maybe two weeks, snow and road conditions. The FTVB was the first mod I did, and mine will be a daily driver soon. I don't mind the crisp shifts at all, haven't regreted it one bit.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
My L is my D.D. and I have the FTVB along with a 2400 stall and 4:10 Gears. I am going to miss the drive to work when it's gone.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
It should be a written law that anyone purchasing a Lightning has to install a valve body in it. There just aren't any negative things at all to say about it...

Mine has been in for about 4 months and I love it.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I have a FTVB and a PI 2400 Stall. I don't drive mine every day, but maybe twice-three times a week. Mostly car-pool with the wife. I would recommend a VB for a DD. The quicker shifts are actually better for the transmission than stock. When you have a sloppy stock shift the clutch packs rub together longer before actually shifting which creates heat. With the VB, they instantly make contact and shift creating less heat than stock. Most will agree that one of the biggest causes of transmission failure is heat. Just my $0.02....

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I installed my FTVB sometime last year. Truck had 90,000+ miles on her when I installed the valve body. Absolutely no problems whatsoever since the valve body install. She's got 103,000+ miles on her now and still no problems. Oh yeah, in case you couldn't tell by the high mileage, my L is a DD. :rockon:

fullboogie

Established Member
I'm about to put in one of LFP's "milder" VB's this weekend. Hope I'm not disappointed. I just didn't want my head hitting the rear window every time it shifted around town.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You should get the regular one, instead of the dumbed down version. They only shift harder when your on the gas harder. My head hasn't hit the window yet and I drive it like it's MINE.

351coupe

Established Member
Thanks guys,I've been looking around and decided on the FTVB(thanks grip).It seems like he really knows his shit and these trannies.After the pully and tune this weekend,I will order one.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
351coupe said:
Thanks guys,I've been looking around and decided on the FTVB(thanks grip).

No sweat man, let us all know how it feels when you're done. :burnout:

I cant wait to get mine! Anyone got one used for sale or know where to find one? Shoot me a PM!

Users who are viewing this thread