Value of Stock Hood ?

snkbitn

Established Member
What do you guys figure a factory 99 cobra hood is worth ?
Is the cobra underside thing easy to get ahold of ?

Thanks

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
what's the condition of it? painted or not?

The price would be dependant on what someone is willing to pay and the condition of the hood itself. Additionally, if some body work is needed, expect to get a lot less due to the hassle.

just my $.02

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i suckers someone to buy my factory hood and 01 wing for $150 :) hahaha and they had scratches on them.......he had a 00GT...the wing didnt fit...i played dumb haha

marek

cobra29

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
i suckers someone to buy my factory hood and 01 wing for $150 :) hahaha and they had scratches on them.......he had a 00GT...the wing didnt fit...i played dumb haha

marek

That's not good business brother.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
jbp99cobra said:
Not much at all since you can find them on V6 Mustangs :kaboom:

Not with the Cobra embossed hood insulation though. Seriously, it probably has little additional value right now but give it another 10-15 years and the value probably will be higher for someone wanting to restore their car's factory look with an authentic Cobra hood...especially when they are in short supply. Same goes for the 01's rear bumper. Sure its the same as the GT's with the Cobra lettering, but Ford ain't going to make but so many and finding authentic bumpers after they're out of production will only get harder.

The value of the hood with the underside insulation may be of more value to someone building a Fobra. I imagine that the under hood insulation is hard to replicate as is the air bag cover and the Cobra calipers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread