Value of our cars

key

Established Member
My car is listed value wise on KBB.com for under 10k (private party). My question is - what are the cars really selling for? My car is a '99, electric green, 85k miles. What should I expect to get for it??

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited:

key

Established Member
Thinking about it Hamilton. I want an 03 pretty bad... but at < 10k, I just don't want to sell it. I'd have to get at least 11 out of it:

03: 25k
-$11k for my cobra
-$3k down
= $11k to finance

That's my plan, but with the market the way it is for the '99s, who knows what I'll do.

shadowland2000

Established Member
My 01 Cobra has now lost about half of its original MSRP value in 35000 miles, and it's practically in brand new condition. As much as I would like to upgrade, it is just financial stupidity.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Just walk into your bathroom and drop a tissue into the toilet. Now pretend that tissue is your car.

Flush it and watch. That is the value of these cars.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
who cares

Keep it man. Reguardless of what KBB says, you'd be hard pressed to find another car that looks, sounds and goes like a NewEdge Cobra.
They are still bad ass cars. I will be driving mine till it blows up or the planet runs out of Premium.

key

Established Member
Who the hell knows what I'll do. I've been looking at C5 vettes too - they're dropping in value like rocks right now.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
btw

BTW www.nada.com is what dealerships go by for prices and tends to be more than KBB.

Here in Wisconsin my 99 Cobra with 38,000 miles on it lists for $15,250. Not like I care though , it's not going anywhere.

xr7boost

I heart torque.
Established Member
I can't find a 99 Cobra for less than 15k out here in Cali. I bought mine with 65k for 12500, and I feel like I stole it.

CobraDDz

SVT Rookie
Established Member
I've seen a white one with 65k go in 2 days on craigs list, it was listed at 10,000 and bone stock. I'd go for 12,500 or just keep it if you don't get at least 12,000.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
Keep it. I have been contemplating selling and buying an 03-04, but wow, what a price difference. I plan on keeping my 99, doing forged internals, upgraded clutch (and maybe transmission), beefing up IRS conservatively, and eventually, maybe a kickass, new heavy black paint job. And with all that, it would still be cheaper than going out and buying a used 03-04 Cobra. I have yet to find an 03 for under $25K.

Orlandostang

Established Member
So you’re saying you’re willing to trade for a 03 while financing $11K. If you put $11K into your 01 it will be much better than any $25K 03. Plus, you will not have a car payment so you can mod the 01 when the finances are most available. My vote is to keep the 01. Regardless of any book, these are great cars.
:beer:

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
Hey, listen, I just paid $17k for a stock 01 with 50k miles, and I don't have any second thoughts about it whatsoever. List it for what you think it's worth if you really want to sell, I'm sure it will. There's someone like me out there who's searched high and low for the right car, and if your car happens to be the one they finally find, you may be in luck. Who knows, maybe there's somebody local who can't find anything near them!

Users who are viewing this thread