Value of an f550

PureStang

Established Member
Hey guys, i was wondering if you could tell me the value of an 06 F-550 diesel with 30k miles on it. My uncle is about to start his own business and found a pretty good deal on one, and he asked me to do some research for him.

2006, diesel, 30k miles, 4x4, crewcab, dually, CD player, power windows/locks/mirrors.

I have gone to kbb and nada and the highest model they go is the 450. any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks a lot!

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Does it have the 6.0 powerstroke? If so, it isnt worth as much as another motor due to their reputation. (personally I love 6.oh's, but they require a little work)

Look over on powerstroke.org and powerstrokenation.com for a good idea.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Does it have the 6.0 powerstroke? If so, it isnt worth as much as another motor due to their reputation. (personally I love 6.oh's, but they require a little work)

Look over on powerstroke.org and powerstrokenation.com for a good idea.

Honestly, the only people I have encountered that know anything about the EGR or head bolts are the ones online.

If you are trading in a truck, they don't know anything about it specificaly but think they can lowball you. If you are buying one? Of course they have heard nothing.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I rarely run into anyone that knows why they "suck", but everybody thinks they're pieces of garbage...and I usually dont waste my time explaining it to them. Had someone yesterday say that the only way to keep a 6.oh reliable is to drop the boost to 18lbs...duurrr...

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I rarely run into anyone that knows why they "suck", but everybody thinks they're pieces of garbage...and I usually dont waste my time explaining it to them. Had someone yesterday say that the only way to keep a 6.oh reliable is to drop the boost to 18lbs...duurrr...

I don't have that experience at all. Everyone I have run into thinks they are "fine" trucks. Either they haven't heard, forgot, or not everyone puts chips on their trucks and runs them hard enought to have a problem.

For instance, the guy I bought mine from had the EGR cooler replaced under warranty and never thought anything about it.

To actualy answer the question, yes, the 550 has the 6.0 that year too.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

They don't 'suck,' just like most Ford issues they have some 'quirks.' Headstuds, coolant filter, maybe event an EGR delete and they are good to go.

BTW, moved to the right forum...

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
They don't 'suck,' just like most Ford issues they have some 'quirks.' Headstuds, coolant filter, maybe event an EGR delete and they are good to go.

BTW, moved to the right forum...

I know they dont, thats what I was attempting to say....Sorry for the derail...

Users who are viewing this thread