Value of a Terminator

BillO

Established Member
I've been looking to buy a Terminator and looking for your opinions, the prices are all over the place from $20K - to $40K+ but few seem to sell. Edmunds puts a price on them for between $14K and $18K What would be a fair price be to spend on a 2003-2004 Vert with under 30K that is stock? Are you better off buying a stock one or a modified one?
Thank for your feedback
Bill

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
I always adhere to the idea that a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I think that especially holds true to Terminators.

The best you can do to determine what a fair price is find comparable models and find one that falls under your liking.

Sorry I cant be more specific, but if you're looking for an exact dollar amount, you likely wont get one as you'll get a hundred different answers from a hundred different people.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
22.5k for a clean stock ~50k vert is reasonable imo. Maybe 25k if it’s mystic, orange etc.

$25k is on the low end of what I would expect to pay for a clean stock sub 30k vert. Maybe $27500+ for a fancy mystic or orange one.

Spring for a rare color. You’ll be glad you did in 10 years.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It’s mid winter right now, and there are a few downs to complement the many ups in the economy.

Outside of svtperformance, you might find a better price for a decent car. Not everyone with an 03 cobra is on this site. Some sell as low as $15-18k in fair or decent condition. If you do a nationwide search, you might find a clean 30k mile vert for $20k. It’ll take forever and probably be a color you can live with but didn’t plan on.

The last 5 terminators I had an eye on sold well over 14-18k. Edmunds isn’t as accurate anymore for cult classics. Look at their value for a Supra.

trxcobra

Established Member
The market is working in your favor in these winter months.

I just sold a basically stock 31k mile DSG vert - had it listed on CarGurus, Facebook and SVTP for $23.5k which felt pretty reasonable.
Car received a few hits but not many serious buyers.. ended up letting it for for $20k. Spring time would have fetched more I believe, good luck!

MG0h3

Established Member
Pricing is all subjective like explained above.

Regarding modified or not. I got my car for probably a touch over market. However I got 14k in receipts from a very reputable shop. All work done less than 4k miles prior.

2.9 whipple, ID1000s, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT and a bunch of other stuff.

I would've done all that anyways so I figure I saved 11-12k letting the prior owner do it.

Then there is the concern the mods weren't done "right". To prevent a pile of issues find one like mine, take it to a shop for inspection, or know what you're looking at.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mufullname

Established Member
I paid 15k for mine with 75k miles. Mild mods like pullies, headers and mufflers. Mechanical is great. The only thing is that it was hit driver side front fender. It was replaced and not really painted perfectly. But overall it was worth it because i could not even find any for sale in my area. I would have had to travel and pay over 20k. I dont want a garage collector type i wanted one that looked good and to have fun with it. So basically it depends on what type you want. Like posted above ypu can find a few in the 15k range but it will not be showroom like. Post a pic when ypu get one.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I paid 15k for mine with 75k miles. Mild mods like pullies, headers and mufflers. Mechanical is great. The only thing is that it was hit driver side front fender. It was replaced and not really painted perfectly. But overall it was worth it because i could not even find any for sale in my area. I would have had to travel and pay over 20k. I dont want a garage collector type i wanted one that looked good and to have fun with it. So basically it depends on what type you want. Like posted above ypu can find a few in the 15k range but it will not be showroom like. Post a pic when ypu get one.

THIS............

I bought my 03 Silver Metallic Vert in 2016 with 75K miles on the clock for $16K (TTL included). It was lowered and had a fluidine H/E, CAI and Maganflow exhaust installed and had aftermarket 18 inch wheels installed with Nitto tires.

However, the car was a little worn. Meaning the hood had rock chips. The brakes were in sad shape. The spare tire was missing. It still had the stock idler pulleys. The drivers seat had some wear. Things you touch often like door arm rest, shifter knob, headlight switch and convertible top button all were worn.

So, I had to do some clean up and maintenance to get it back to where I wanted it. So, I replaced all fluids, did a complete brake job, replaced all the bearings in my pulleys, replaced the inner and out belts (inner one is no fun), cleaned up the engine bay, painted the hood and replaced all worn parts in the interior.

Now it's a great looking, sounding and running car. Deals can be had, but you will have to search and most likely have to do some maintenance. However, to get a low mileage car that requires little to no maintenance you're probably going to be in the low to mid 20's, NOT mid to high teens.

Here's a link to my thread so you can see some of the things I did to my Vert:

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/and-the-winner-is.1108428/

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
First off, you get what you pay for. Unless you find someone that doesn’t know what they are selling, expect to pay top dollar for something like a low-mile pristine Mystichrome example. On the other end of the spectrum would be a salvage title car that is beat to hell. Whether you go for 100% stock or a modded car depends on your wants... for me, I want a “collector car.” I absolutely insist it is 100% unmodified and even prefer original tires. If I only had room for one “fun” car and wanted more of a performance driver, I’d probably look for a properly modded example to save me the time and expense of doing those mods post-purchase.

The Terminators have a cult-like following. The desire for them is strong, so you are competing against quite a few other buyers. If you want a low-mile collector version, like a Mystichrome car for example, $40k is not unheard of.

Set your budget, answer the stock/modded question and then get hunting! Good luck.

mufullname

Established Member
First off, you get what you pay for. Unless you find someone that doesn’t know what they are selling, expect to pay top dollar for something like a low-mile pristine Mystichrome example. On the other end of the spectrum would be a salvage title car that is beat to hell. Whether you go for 100% stock or a modded car depends on your wants... for me, I want a “collector car.” I absolutely insist it is 100% unmodified and even prefer original tires. If I only had room for one “fun” car and wanted more of a performance driver, I’d probably look for a properly modded example to save me the time and expense of doing those mods post-purchase.

The Terminators have a cult-like following. The desire for them is strong, so you are competing against quite a few other buyers. If you want a low-mile collector version, like a Mystichrome car for example, $40k is not unheard of.

Set your budget, answer the stock/modded question and then get hunting! Good luck.
I agree. However, to some it is a matter of preference and more importantly budget.

Sent from my LGMP450 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread