Value of a 12 gt

jakhammer

Established Member
Not sure I I should be here or the sale section but....

Im looking at a bone stock 12 GT Premium, 400a with comfort package, 6m, 3.31 gears. No other options. Car has 6366 miles. Im trying to see what the crowd has to say on a price. I know what they want, but is it worth the selling price of $25,000. That is the price I have worked it to. Is it worth it? Car is flawless as far as I can see and drives like a stock car should.

Let my have your opinions. I want them all. Tell me Im a fool. Tell me its fair. Tell me what you think.

Chris

5.0jake

Established Member

Im looking at a bone stock 12 GT Premium, 400a with comfort package, 6m, 3.31 gears. No other options. Car has 6366 miles. Im trying to see what the crowd has to say on a price. I know what they want, but is it worth the selling price of $25,000. That is the price I have worked it to. Is it worth it? Car is flawless as far as I can see and drives like a stock car should.

Let my have your opinions. I want them all. Tell me Im a fool. Tell me its fair. Tell me what you think.

Chris
Price sounds pretty good to me for a premium with those miles.
If you plan on heavily modding (like F/I) I wouldn't get a manual though.

jakhammer

Established Member
The car will be a street car. mainly a weekend warrior/cruising car with minimal track time. I can not say boost or not at this point. But I want to row my own gears. I have not had a manual trans car in a long time and I miss it. Just want a fun car to drive.

Chris

jakhammer

Established Member
I sold the Lightning last year. Divorces can be a bitch, but it allows new toys to come into play. Hence looking at this Stang.

Chris

GT915

Established Member
Just as a point of reference...In october of last year I bought my base model '12 with 7411 miles for $22.6 from the used lot at a toyota dealership. On top of that I paid $299 "admin fee" and tax. I say get it...you'll love it.

johndnardi08

Established Member
I got my 12 premium with just about the same miles.. a tad higher.. for 23.5k on the end of the month(last month).. I had cash in hand for more than half down and they wouldnt allow me to leave.. they had it at 25k.. Brembos, 3:73, leather, etc performance white.. just got it.. They have room to play...

jakhammer

Established Member
Im gonna say for Michigan this is a good deal at a stealership. I cant seem to find anything within 300 miles for less. Cant find much better in the market section either. Think I will go with cash tomorrow and see what dollar bills and a tougher negotiation strategy can do. I mean cash is king and they have been sitting on it since 8-12-13... and its damn near winter in michigan.

Chris

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
OP, when are you planning to purchase? Prices of sports/sporty cars always go down during the winter months. And now that the next mustang is coming soon, I suggest waiting till Feb, save up and see what you can find. Heck you might even find a '13/'14 if you like the way they look.
Thats what I would do. Let us know what you do and POST PICS!@!!!

jakhammer

Established Member
OP, when are you planning to purchase? Prices of sports/sporty cars always go down during the winter months. And now that the next mustang is coming soon, I suggest waiting till Feb, save up and see what you can find. Heck you might even find a '13/'14 if you like the way they look.
Thats what I would do. Let us know what you do and POST PICS!@!!!

Im going there tomorrow. I have the cash in my hands. Im also having a proof of insurance faxed over. This will show them I am serious and they can sell the car right there if they will deal a bit more.

I was originally going to wait for the 15s to come out before I decided on a purchase. But this car is a good deal and close to home. I figure I buy it and but it up for winter, see what happens with the 15s, and then make up my mind. If I like the 15s I will sell, if I dont like them then I got a car at a good price. Either way Im ok with it. And if I keep the car I have a ton of money for mods vs blowing my load on a 15 and not having cash to mod it. Lets face it, its all about making it your own.

Chris

speedsun

Established Member
I paid similar for my '12 with same options. It was more at the dealer but they gave me a lot for my trade and I didnt roll any negative equity into it. Probably could have did a little better but you win some, you lose some.

jakhammer

Established Member
I bought it. My first stang. Loving it. Now to store it for the winter. What a way to go. New to me car and I barely get to drive it til next year. Lol

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase man! Even though winter is around the corner you'll have something too look forward to in the spring.

goat-ee

Established Member
I think it's good deal, but I wouldn't say the best that's ever been done though. If you like it, buy it. But don't think it's the end all, be all, deal of the century, because it's not.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I bought it. My first stang. Loving it. Now to store it for the winter. What a way to go. New to me car and I barely get to drive it til next year. Lol

Don't feel too bad...Bought my '11 last December with 5410 miles on it. I stored and modded it a little here and there when I had time over the winter....Current mileage.....5519 :bored:

I'm too damn busy with kids and work to drive it. :nonono:

Congrats on the purchase! :beer:

Adam03GT

Established Member
That is a good buy. $25k is what I got offered for trade in a month ago on mine with similar options!

theACE

Established Member

Chris

I bought my CPO 12 5.0 Premium with every option except for glass roof and reverse sensors for 28k with little less than 9k on the clock.

Just letting you know.

Users who are viewing this thread