Value of '98 atlantic blue cobra

PD92MarkVII

Hi guys I'm new around here, but this does seem to be a great place. Anyway, I've been looking for Atlantic blue cobras for a while now and I might have found one. I wanted to get the opinion of some of you guys on the value of a '98 atlantic blue hardtop with 91000 miles in what appears to be good condition (I haven't seen the car in person yet). It is at a dealer and they are asking $12500
and the kbb is 10800, but the kbb value is usually high. I was thinking more like 9500 to 10000. Let me know what you guys think.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
BAB is a rare color. I doubt KBB takes that into account. I still think $12,500 might be a little high for that mileage. If you could knock them off $1000 you'd be about right.

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
12,5 is high for the mileage. And KBB doesn't take color into consideration for value because according to them my car is only worth $7000. I would try and shoot for 10500.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Id say if the Paint it in good condition and it runs and drives fine, go for it. BAB's are harder to find...

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
To put things in perspective..

I bought my 98 Bab Cobra from the original owner... 90k miles on it...

EXTERIOR

- DD Rims/Tires - 03 Cobra Wheels / BFG Geforce Sport Tires
- Weekend Rims/Tires - 03 Cobra Wheels / 26x11.5x17 Mickey Thomspon ET Streets
- Springs - BBK springs
- Rear suspension - Steeda upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks, urethane bushings
- Front suspension - Tokico 5 way adjustable drag struts
- Brakes - cross drilled rotors
- Kenny Brown sub frame connectors
- Saleen S281 spoiler

INTERIOR

- Door handles painted to match exterior
- A-pillar guages - Auto Meter Phantom boost and Fuel guages
- MGW Cobra Shift Knob
- MGW Satin Headlight Knob
- MGW Cobra Cigarette Lighter
- Autometer Shift light
- 6pt. Kenny Brown roll cage

- Engine - Engine was bored 0.030 over, Manley H-beams, DSS blower pistons with 8.5-1 compression.
- Vortech S-Trim Supercharger
- 24" x 12 " x 3 Polished front mount intercooler
- 42lbs. injectors with a lightning 90mm Mass air meter
- Walboro 255 fuel pump with T-rex pump
- Flowmaster mufflers
- Bassani X-pipe
- FRPP shroty ceramic coated headers
- MGW Short Throw Shifter
- Spec stage 3 clutch
- Custom Line-Loc Set up
- 4:10 gears with Auburn differential
- Moser 31 spline axles
- Aluminum driveshaft
- Driveshaft loop
- Longer studs in rear axles for use with slicks

Just about MOST of that was already done.... I did the FMIC and some other things but thats the jist of it.

So 12k for a stock one.... I wouldn't do...

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
Id have to say 11k at the most for it... I gave 14.5k for mine two years ago... with 72k on it...

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:
To put things in perspective..

I bought my 98 Bab Cobra from the original owner... 90k miles on it...

EXTERIOR

- DD Rims/Tires - 03 Cobra Wheels / BFG Geforce Sport Tires
- Weekend Rims/Tires - 03 Cobra Wheels / 26x11.5x17 Mickey Thomspon ET Streets
etc...

Just about MOST of that was already done.... I did the FMIC and some other things but thats the jist of it.

So 12k for a stock one.... I wouldn't do...

But what did you pay for it?

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
notfastenuf said:
+1

I paid 10.5k for mine a year ago with 62k miles.

i paid about 13k for mine 4 years ago w/ 73k miles.

car hasnt been my DD so the miles have been kept down, i have 92k now, i think i could maybe get 9-9.5 now at best

500 POSTS!! AWWWWEEEEE YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
I paid 12.5k for my Mystic with 30k on the clock with perfect body, no accidents and very nice paint. 12.5k for a 90k mileage BAB 98 is outrageous. I wouldn't pay more than 9k-10k tops for that car.

Keep in mind, it's a buyers market and 1998 Cars are too old to qualify for a loan through most banks, so it's likely it'll take awhile for the seller to find a borrower with 12.5k cash just sitting around. I've been trying to sell my Mystic for awhile, most people can't get financed for it. So talk to the seller and let him know this. You have the bargaining ability in this situation.

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
PD92MarkVII said:
Thanks for your input. So would it be reasonable to offer him say 9500 or 10000?

yes that is very reasonable. I'm warning you though, the owner wont think that price is reasonable.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
PD92MarkVII said:
Hi guys I'm new around here, but this does seem to be a great place. Anyway, I've been looking for Atlantic blue cobras for a while now and I might have found one. I wanted to get the opinion of some of you guys on the value of a '98 atlantic blue hardtop with 91000 miles in what appears to be good condition (I haven't seen the car in person yet). It is at a dealer and they are asking $12500
and the kbb is 10800, but the kbb value is usually high. I was thinking more like 9500 to 10000. Let me know what you guys think.

Just a FYI guys, I had to have my 98' BAB appraised about a month ago at "Dickensheet" here in Denver. It has 40K miles, ex. cond. pure stock, etc. The appraisal came back @ 9,868.00. This is the middle ground for "wholesale" and "retail". This had to be done for the courts!

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:
THat's a damn good deal. If I would have seen that when I was looking for my car even though that's way more than I was looking at I would have bought it :thumbsup:

There's a lot of blown BABs on here.

Users who are viewing this thread