Value for high mileage built Cobra with KB

sigbrown1297

Established Member
I have been looking for a low mileage 03/04 but found this one that is local. Looks like its got 97K miles on the chassis but built motor about 17K miles ago. His asking price is 29,990. I thought it was kind of high even for a built cobra. What are your thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Modified-Cobra-/111696419144?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a01a01948&item=111696419144

I am pleased to offer this very professionally modified 2004 Mustang Cobra SVT Coupe. Car is being offered by the original owner who has invested approx. $40,000 in upgrades and mods.

It is currently making 650 rear wheel HP on pump gas and passes TN state emissions. VIN # is 1FAFP48Y84F194888. Mileage is currently 97,100 +/- and motor upgrades were done at approx. 85,592.

Features:

-Fully forged built 4.6L motor
-9.5:1 compression
-Bullet blower camshaft
-Comp valve springs
-2.8L Mamoth Kenne Bell Supercharger set at 16psi
-80lb injectors
-Division X return fuel system
-McLeod twin disc clutch
-Viper spec.T56 6 speed built trans. (stronger driveshaft)
-Dynatech aluminum driveshaft (installed approx. 2000-3000 miles ago)
-Maximum Motorsport rear grip package
-Aluminum rear end girdle cover
-Full exhaust system with long tube headers
-Autometer AFR gauge on steering wheel pod
-Afco heat exchanger
-Moroso coolant tanks
-New windshield installed
-Factory chrome wheels in excellent condition
-Factory original Mach stereo system (6 CD changer)
-AC works great
-Aftermarket shifter
-Factory interior is leather with suede inserts (great shape)

Car has very minor paint flaws which is to be expected based on the mileage but very good overall. Interior also in very good condition. Car has been garage kept and well cared for.

Car was built by DBR High Performance in Spring Hill, TN (one of the best performance shops in the business). This Cobra is the ultimate sleeper car. Looks pretty bone stock from the outside but get on the gas and it's far from stock.

Last edited:

03slaminator

Established Member
30k! For a 97k mile cobra... I would think that it is priced at least 10k-12k to high. It looks nice in the picture and I understand that it is built. But the mileage and the fact that it's built is what is hurting it.

Now if it was a lower mileage car and bone stock I could see it going for mid twenties. On top of that its a black cobra. If it was something like a stock low mile mystic chrome or comp Orange then yes I could see it going for high twenties. If I were you I would keep looking for something with lower miles and in the 20-25k range. If that's what your wanting to spend. You can find a really really nice built cobra for 18k-24k

sigbrown1297

Established Member
all i needed to see was one pic to know that car is not worth that price...look at the hood liner. PASS

yeah, it looks pretty worn, but i figured that could be an easy replacement. wondering how the chassis and underneath looks...

i was going to take a look at it, but when he told me the price, i figured there was no point.

sigbrown1297

Established Member
30k! For a 97k mile cobra... I would think that it is priced at least 10k-12k to high. It looks nice in the picture and I understand that it is built. But the mileage and the fact that it's built is what is hurting it.

Now if it was a lower mileage car and bone stock I could see it going for mid twenties. On top of that its a black cobra. If it was something like a stock low mile mystic chrome or comp Orange then yes I could see it going for high twenties. If I were you I would keep looking for something with lower miles and in the 20-25k range. If that's what your wanting to spend. You can find a really really nice built cobra for 18k-24k

thats kind of what i was thinking.

Sweet paint job btw.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I wouldn't buy this car. I honestly don't think I could get $30k for my car, and not being a jerk to this guys cobra but I don't see $40k in mods unless he's including labor, which is not a selling point.

I have $40k in parts on my car and I would be hard pressed to get $30k for my car, don't buy his cobra. There are Cobras in the for sale section here on Svtp much better priced. A delivery charge is about $500-1200 depending on distance, and a $200-400 round trip air fair ticket isn't bad either.

Also any car you buy, have it independently compression and leak down tested with a comprehensive 50-90pt inspection. It's the best form of cheap insurance IMO.

I had a multipoint and compression/leak done on a $6500 98 cobra I wanted as a daily driver, I spent $300 but saved myself a $6500 mistake. Car had 105psi in number 7 or 8. It looked phenomenal, and the seller was adamant it was a flawless car. It had a cracked radiator on the underside that had been "repaired" etc. best $300 I've spent in a while.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
yeah, it looks pretty worn, but i figured that could be an easy replacement. wondering how the chassis and underneath looks...

i was going to take a look at it, but when he told me the price, i figured there was no point.

A garaged car , kept out of the elements and babied does not get that beat up. My hood liner has some marks, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as that. Buyer beware

Users who are viewing this thread