Vacuum Leak on whipple 4.0 - help identify hose

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Hey everyone . after a long time of trying to figure out why the car was not running properly, i discovered a 3/8" hose towards the passenger side that was disconnected. When the car was idling, i could put my finger and feel the hose was sucking in. When i put my finger over it, the car died completely. I could hear an airleak somewhere behind the supercharger inlet , but with the 4.0 whipple there is no room to look much. I noticed when i pushed down the main wiring harness, the sound faded away, such as if the air is pushing on that wiring harness.

I am taking a picture in a few minutes and uploading it. I found the reference in the whipple installation manual on page 14 section 30 . Any clue?

StangSupremacy

Established Member
photo_11.html

It looks like this hose, any idea where it goes?

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_0901_shelby_gt500_mustang_bolt_ons/photo_11.html

Last edited:

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Yes i have the EGR delete and turned off in the tune. I think we will have to pull the blower off tomorrow and check the hoses behind there, i just wanted to know where that hose could be connected to. I just want to get the car running strong again!

Steve@BAS

Established Member
photo_11.html

It looks like this hose, any idea where it goes?

2008 Shelby GT500 Mustang Vacuum Line Photo 11

On this tube with the kenne bell kits, they make it turn 90* so instead of that tube facing down, it faces towards the drivers side. This was because they were melting I believe, as it was a supplemental instruction added to them, not in the main part.

Perhaps that happened to yours?

Good luck!

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Does anyone know what the hose directly on the back of the stock supercharger is for? Thats the hose that we found unplugged by the previous owner, hiding underneath the wiring harness.

I tapped into an existing bung on the whipple inlet to hook up the vacuum hose. I am awaiting for my supercharger gasket to arrive tomorrow before re-sealing the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread