Vacuum Hose

Terminator Dave

Established Member
I am hoping one of you may know where this hose goes. It connects on a vacuum port on the intake, drivers side, in back of the supercharger. It goes towards the firewall, then drops down by the bellhousing....but where? What could require vacuum down there? It's the nipple on the right, and it's a braided hose, that doesn't seem to have a size that matches anything at the auto parts store. Will have to see why the forum won't accept pictures. Will post when I can.

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Terminator Dave

Established Member
I am hoping one of you may know where this hose goes. It connects on a vacuum port on the intake, drivers side, in back of the supercharger. It goes towards the firewall, then drops down by the bellhousing....but where? What could require vacuum down there? It's the nipple on the right, and it's a braided hose, that doesn't seem to have a size that matches anything at the auto parts store. Will have to see why the forum won't accept pictures. Will post when I can.

Here are the pics. In the third picture, is there anything that bolts here?
IMAG0258.jpeg
IMAG0259.jpeg
IMAG0256.jpeg

hotcobra03

Established Member
dpfegr sensor..

has 2 hoses..

they run to the tube behind drivers head..

tube runs from egr to exhaust on drivers side..

that area in 3rd pic is for timing chain adjuster ,not used here..

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
Just had all of that apart. Both those hoses attach to the egr tube. There are two nipples side by side on the tube down by the bell housing. I had the tube out to do the head cooling mod, you may be able to get your hand up there to put a new hose on. If you decide to take the tube out you’ll need a 1 1/16 wrench for the top and bottom nuts

Terminator Dave

Established Member
Thanks guys. I was in the process of doing the cooling mod, and a clutch(TOB fell apart) . That egr tube, is it covered in a braided, heat resistor sleeve? I did take that off at some point years ago when I started this mess. Do either of you have a picture of this tube mounted? As to the hose, it doesn't appear to be a standard size. It also has a braided core, so it's more than just vacuum hose. Any guesses on that? Sorry to jump back and forth but, the two vaccum hoses, do they go to the same place? It's hard to see back there from the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread