vac leak= hanging idle?

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
After checking my TPS voltage, FRPS, and replacing my IAC, my idle still hangs up at 1100 rpm's. I have just discovered a possible vac leak in the back of the s.c.

I used zip ties to hold some hoses and lines out of the way and one got sandwiched between the s.c. and intake. I just found it while cleaning the engine bay. I tried to pull it out but it won't budge. I'm sure it put one hell of a dimple in the gasket anyway. Just wonder if that would cause my high idle?

kwlscott

Established Member
i'm going thru the same thing. i've checked for vacuum leaks but now i'm going out to check better behind the blower. i put on an accufab t-body and plenum this weekend and my idle got so bad-1200-1400 rpm that today i pulled it back off and put the factory pieces back on. this cured 90% but i'm still looking for a "real" fix. now my idle hangs at 1000 but after 10-15 seconds it goes back to 700. let me know what you come up with as i now have a $500 paperweight.

i'm going thru the same thing. i've checked for vacuum leaks but now i'm going out to check better behind the blower. i put on an accufab t-body and plenum this weekend and my idle got so bad-1200-1400 rpm that today i pulled it back off and put the factory pieces back on. this cured 90% but i'm still looking for a "real" fix. now my idle hangs at 1000 but after 10-15 seconds it goes back to 700. let me know what you come up with as i now have a $500 paperweight.

I bet your issue is due to the Accufab blade stop screw not being set correctly or TPS being dialed in correctly or the Accufab itself throttle blade shaft moving a bit. I went through the same issues after my Accufab stopped working properly after 8k flawless miles. Ultimately, it became a paper weight since Accufab wouldn't take it back and now the BF works flawlessly. Superior product.

After checking my TPS voltage, FRPS, and replacing my IAC, my idle still hangs up at 1100 rpm's. I have just discovered a possible vac leak in the back of the s.c.

I used zip ties to hold some hoses and lines out of the way and one got sandwiched between the s.c. and intake. I just found it while cleaning the engine bay. I tried to pull it out but it won't budge. I'm sure it put one hell of a dimple in the gasket anyway. Just wonder if that would cause my high idle?

You didn't reuse any gaskets for the lower intake for the blower right?

Users who are viewing this thread