VA state inspection question

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Took the mustang to get inspected a week ago and woudlnt pass. The guy is real cool I have taken my other cars to him all the time so he knows I race this one too said he would pass it if I put a high flow cat on it. He asked if I wanted a rejection sticker but I said no.

I have no problem putting on a catted midpipe on (never been asked about a cat for state inspection) but how about driving it to my friends garage who has a lift should I go back get a reqection sticker to drive it up to his place about ten miles or take a shot and just be honest with the cop if I get pulled over that I am trying to get it fixed I will even have the part in my trunk.

Also does anyone know (or an you point me in the correct direction) if VA has any way to register a race/show. As of now its only driven to the track and to some shows, soon she is becoming a track only car once I get my trailer I would only drive her to the local shows.

Thanks for any help

12secgt

Established Member
Any vehicle driven on the highway except with antique tags has to have an inspection sticker. Cats are required for Virginia inspection. Also any trailer with brakes has to be inspected too. Rejection sticker gives you 15 days to get it fixed and if you go back to the same place it just costs a dollar to get approval sticker. You can still be wrote up for improper equipment with a reject sticker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread