V6 vs 5.0 vs GT500 vs Boss LS

GTRdone

Established Member
the GT500 is a 2011 because it's got the SVT PP stripes on it and the wheels as well.

buck24

Established Member
nice vid and damn that boss is fugly!

I know looks are subjective, but I'm with you...it's ugly, I went and checked one out at a local dealer this afternoon, it was Kona Blue with the white stripes and man it looks like something out of Fast and Furious. The front grille and chin spoiler looks great but the roof being white is terrible and the wheels are lacking, the gloss black on them looks tacky and it needs a drop in the rear badly.

Seahorse

Established Member
That's the Laguna Seca version in the vid, fortunately the "regular" Boss is not quite so eye-searing.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Saw the video and read the article below it, very interesting. A couple of issues:
1. As noted above they called the Shelby a '10 it is obviously an '11
2. The thrashed tranny in the Shelby is Ford's fault, as they provided the press vehicle. Come on Blue Oval, update the press fleet....
3. The same Boss LS was at Cars/Coffee 2 weeks ago, I agree the base model is a little easier on the eyes
4. Kind of interesting that the Shelby, with the thrashed trans was the faster track car, after hearing all of the info. on the Boss....
I thought the '11 GT also did very well.....

Jorday

Established Member
I know looks are subjective, but I'm with you...it's ugly, I went and checked one out at a local dealer this afternoon, it was Kona Blue with the white stripes and man it looks like something out of Fast and Furious. The front grille and chin spoiler looks great but the roof being white is terrible and the wheels are lacking, the gloss black on them looks tacky and it needs a drop in the rear badly.

I agree with you, man. The roof being white or black and not matching the rest of the paint kind of ruins the car a little bit for me.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member

i didn't think they were being released until later this year? how did your dealer get one this early? or am i mistaken

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I'd still take the GT500 over anything. the Boss looks like doodoo.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I'll take the boss, throw on some black CCW classics and lower it 1.5 inches and its a big winner.....

buck24

Established Member
I'll take the boss, throw on some black CCW classics and lower it 1.5 inches and its a big winner.....

I agree, with different wheels my thoughts could change on the looks. One thing I have noticed is that the color combos with the black stripes don't look bad IMO but the ones with the white stripes need help.

Users who are viewing this thread