V6 Camaro vs Turbo Civic

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
First off, my name is Gabe and I'm new here. I've been in the market for a late model Cobra or SS and stumbled upon this site and have learned alot, so let me thank you for all the info you've given me. Don't let my name fool you, I'm not a Cobra basher, just a Camaro fanboy who couldn't think of anything else.

So I drive a '95 3.4 liter Camaro. SLP catback, K&N FIPK, new ignition wires, new clutch, the basics. The car is loud as all hell, I'm constantly mistaken for a Z-28. So me and my buddy ('79 Camaro with a 5.7 liter 350 and a 3 speed) we're driving home from a movie in seperate cars when I hear the unmistakable sound of an angry swarm of bees. I panic, being that I'm allergic to bees, but was relieved to find out that it was just a Civic. Clean looking white car, spools up his turbo as he passes me in heavy traffic. My friend and I exchange delighted glances then get on either side of him and rev at him, since traffic wasn't going to let up. Eventually it opened up and I had a short run with him from about a 30 roll to about 55, with me ahead almost a full car. We stop at a light to go our seperate ways and chat a little, turns out he was running 10 psi. I turn left, he goes straight. There was a bunch of other cars in his group, but his was probably the fastest and nicest looking. Really cool guy, no ricer fly by or anything. I hope I see him around when I get my new car.

Obligatory car pics:

camarofull.jpg

camarorearside.jpg

03cobraFL

Established Member
Good Kill!! By the way your looks really good, hope you enjoy it I know I love my Z28. :coolman:

Heres a pic...

14570673706_0_ALB.jpg

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Snake-Eater said:
I hear the unmistakable sound of an angry swarm of bees. I panic, being that I'm allergic to bees, but was relieved to find out that it was just a Civic.

:lol:

Nice kill. Good clean lookin' V6 Camaro.

I also like your avatar!

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
Thanks guys. It has a new paint job (well, maybe a year old) and an integrated clearcoat. I try to keep her clean and waxed :rolling:

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
loudpipes said:
30 to 55? uhhmmm... sweet?? :shrug: :rollseyes
Keep in mind that it was in slight traffic, and was more of just a playful pull than an actual flat out race. I wasn't about to risk an accident or ticket by weaving in and out of traffic for this guy, I just wanted to mess with him a little, get his hopes up for "omg a streetrace i hope he doesn't have naaaawssss". :shrug:

AcE XBOX said:
:pepper: :banana: oh god how did this get here I am not good with the computer

BPLS1

Established Member
hOW CAN PEOPLE MISTAKE A V6 WITH a Z28, just Curious. even though u have exhaust u could tell the difference in a heart Beat. Obviously these wernt fellow F/Body guys telling this right?

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Hey, man. Welcome to the site, that's a very clean Camaro you've got and that was a pretty funny story.

Ignore the idiots.

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
BPLS1 said:
hOW CAN PEOPLE MISTAKE A V6 WITH a Z28, just Curious. even though u have exhaust u could tell the difference in a heart Beat. Obviously these wernt fellow F/Body guys telling this right?
Almost every individual I've run into at school or just driving aroud has asked me if it's a Z28 (some kid at a Wendy's drive thru even asked if it was an SS :rolleyes: ) I've even had oil change mechanics comment on it as they're starting it up, asking if I'm cammed and what not, to which I respond with a smile that it's a six. My best guess is that random people just don't expect a V6 to be so loud, therefore they assume it's a V8. Some people are just ignorant I guess.

Thanks for the welcome Methos.

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
Welcome, and nice kill.

My v6 Stang has taken out a turbo civic and turbo mp3!

Those 4-bangers can't handle or AMERICAN (V6) MUSCLE!!

Users who are viewing this thread