V1 supercharger vs V2

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Okay, I have the chioce to buy a v1 or v2 supercharger at the same price. I know the v1 has a self contained lubrication system, where as the v2 taps into the oil pan. Are there any performance differences? Which are more reliable? Please tell me any differences you know of.

If you're in the market for a V-2 check out my listing in The Market.
Link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2v-vortech-v-2-supercharger-kit-w-extras.html
Complete kit minus fuel pump w/ extras.
ONLY $2500!!! :eek:

the v1 has straight cut gears...more noice and the website says its a lil more efficient. the V-2 has helical cut gears and is pretty damn quiet. My buddy has one and u cant hear it and he has had it for over 2 years with no issues out of it. The V-3 is the self contained one. Dunno the specs on it but with any of them you can go wrong haha.

This information is spot on!!! :thumbsup:

OOkay, my bad I got them mixed up. So when I tap the oil pan that goes into the supercharger right? So what stops sludge from the bottom of the pan getting into the supercharger? Also where does the oil drain back to after lubing the supercharger?

Sorry for all the newbi questions, but I just don't know.:shrug:

There is a drain line that connects with a fitting and elbow that keeps the oil constantly filtered and cooler overall since it's being re-circulated.

There shouldn't be any sludge in your oil pan period. You'll definitely want to run synthetic oil if you aren't already due to its higher viscosity which will prevent the oil from breaking down as fast.

My94GT

Established Member
im putting a trans back in my car this weekend if all goes well ill try to get a vid of it at idle so you all can hear the v3. i know my buddy had a v1 on his 99 cobra and the thing sounded damn nice, the v3 may not be as loud but it sure makes some noise over a v2

crazycarlo

Established Member
for whats it worth and what i har, I have heard vortech will no longer upgrade V-1 units such as from an s- to a T trim. Now they want you to pay to upgrade to a v-3si trim. Honestly its prob cost savings on their part. No reason to make diff housings when they can make all v-3 units with the oil in them then just change sizes and impellers.

Users who are viewing this thread