****V1-s trim installed on my 02 gt need some insight...*****

armyavnguy

Established Member
So I just moved to Maine and with some saved up deployment money I have decided to supercharge my car. It has 71,000 miles on it stored winters and I take it pretty easy on it. I contacted a mustang shop in Falls River Mass. CD performance and they quoted my $3200 for a complete new kit V-1 S trim ( fuel pump, 38# injectors, and chip, brackets the whole bit) also said they would knock 100 bucks off because I already have an SCT SF3 tuner. My mods to it now are the tuner, BBK plenum/throttle body, CAI, and 10 series flowmasters and underdrive pullies). The shop told me before they could install the supercharger and tune I would need to change my underdrive pullies back to the stock ( alt., waterpump, crank). Is this true? I don't want a high tune, just something decent 340hp-380hp tops good A/F and timing... If anyone has any info on the kit or if I really need to change back the pullies that would be awesome. ***plus if anyone has some stock ones laying around I would tkae them off your hands!!*** Thanks all

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
So I just moved to Maine and with some saved up deployment money I have decided to supercharge my car. It has 71,000 miles on it stored winters and I take it pretty easy on it. I contacted a mustang shop in Falls River Mass. CD performance and they quoted my $3200 for a complete new kit V-1 S trim ( fuel pump, 38# injectors, and chip, brackets the whole bit) also said they would knock 100 bucks off because I already have an SCT SF3 tuner. My mods to it now are the tuner, BBK plenum/throttle body, CAI, and 10 series flowmasters and underdrive pullies). The shop told me before they could install the supercharger and tune I would need to change my underdrive pullies back to the stock ( alt., waterpump, crank). Is this true? I don't want a high tune, just something decent 340hp-380hp tops good A/F and timing... If anyone has any info on the kit or if I really need to change back the pullies that would be awesome. ***plus if anyone has some stock ones laying around I would tkae them off your hands!!*** Thanks all

i assume the kit would be non intercooled. you will see 340hp or more with that kit installed, and yes you do need to change your underdrive pullies back to stock. you can go on corral and buy a used v1 kit for under 2200 EASILY with injectors and maf, or you can just buy a headunit, and buy the piping and everything online. thanks for serving, i should be home in 10-15 days from my first deployment as well and im looking into a vortech setup or possibly a kenne bell unit.

How To: Build an Affordable Supercharger Kit

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Yes you will need to change all the pulleys back to stock or it wont make any boost

armyavnguy

Established Member
yeah non intercooled, I wish I would have just keep the stock ones when I moved LOL kicking myself now! Yeah always gotta treat yourself with alittle something when you get back... Let me know which route you go, I'd like to check it out.

gixxer1kr

Established Member
Lol i ran into the same problem.Ask Chris about the Blue 04 GT...I bought Steeda underdives and threw out my stockers. I was able to have him get me the crank and waterpump from ford but had a hard time hunting down the alternator!!! And for the priced installed u cant go wrong.

armyavnguy

Established Member
thanks man! Yeah contacted him and hes working the pulley issue right now, but I will mention the car the next time we talk. Thanks again.

gixxer1kr

Established Member
Yeah ull be very happy.He took good care of me.Ill be going back soon for Meth and more boost!!!

bleedout

Established Member
Why a V1? Just curious as to why not a V3 or another kit? Tork tech? Or was this the best buy for the price. Also if its non intercooled, if i were you i would buy a meth kit and have them install that at the same time. Because your going to want it eventually and its safer and will allow more boost.

Users who are viewing this thread