V1 or V2 SQ? and CHEAP!

97whitecobra

Established Member
Hey, you guys ever heard or know anything about the tuner kits on E bay for $2500 new in box right from Vortech? I was told that it's just missing: FMU, Chip, and Fuel Pump I believe, which you can get all but the chip (already have) for about $300- $500. Seems like a great deal? What do you think? Also how much louder is the V1 over the V2? I was told that one was good for about 15 more hp, but louder.

Thanks for your thoughts here

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The V2 is just a little better unit. It is the quieter of the two for certain. I wouldn't buy a kit that didn't include the pump and FMU atleast. Those two items can run over 500 easily. Most in-line pumps that boost fuel enough to feed a 32v SC car will be around $250 or more. The FMU will easily be around $250 as well. I'd try getting them to sell cheaper or try a different source.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've seen around 3200 for the Vortech kits. Try Supergers online. They have very good pricing.

One other thing to remember. Some of the older kits do not have the Vortech belt tensioner fix. The stock belt tensioner leaves alot to be desired for controling belt slip on an SC'd Cobra. The stock tensioner is just not strong enough under the SC'd load. It tends to slip alot at higher RPMs and that robs HP.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The V2 is the newer style unit. It mostly has a little quieter head unit with a touch better impeller design. Some of the later V1 units have the tensioner fix though. I'd stick to the V2.

I'm not sure if I helped much at all, but I tried. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread