V1 kills

geoffc

Established Member
I purchased a 2006 CTS-V a few months ago. The previous owner didn't know much about the car. The known mods are Borla catback, Ground Control coilovers, short throw shifter and cowl hood.

1st kill was a newish Audi S4. It was from a low 1st gear roll. He took the hit but I quickly passed him. I let off after shifting into 4th with about 1 buslength on him. I did a little research on the S4 later and it seems like it should have been a much closer race.

2nd kill was a brand new Charger RT with paper plates. He chased me down on the freeway and kept goosing the gas next to me. I downshifted to 3rd to let him know that I was game. He jumped out almost a carlength but it was just ugly after that. I rode out 3rd and 4th ending up with a few trainlengths on him (maybe a slight exaggeration). The Charger then took a loss to a diesel pickup truck.

3rd kill was a newish STI sedan. He rode my ass as I was passing a slower car. As soon as I passed the slower car, I got over so that he could pass. He paced me for a second, then downshifted and took off. I figured open road ahead so let's do this. I sped up and we caught a red light together. We both took off at a pace I would consider quick but definitely not a launch. At about 20mph holding 1st gear, he punched it. I was ready and got on it immediately. He was only able to get about 1/2 a car on me from the hit. I got kinda sideways going into 2nd but once straightened out, I walked proceeded to walk him. I let out at the end of 3rd gear with about 5 carlengths on him. That was another race that I think should've been much closer.

Honorable mention was a 392 Challenger SRT8. I have previously raced this SRT with my Cobra. I see him almost every workday either on the way to work or on the way home. This guy is down to race anything anywhere. I catch a light next to him in the V one morning. When we start going, I pace him for a second then blip the throttle. He hit it and I was on it right after. To my surprise, we were dead even except for the bumper he got on me from the hit. I got a little wheel spin going into 2nd but didn't lose any ground. Midway through 3rd, he gained a couple inches on me and we let off because these 2 lights aren't very far apart. It was a loss but kinda felt like a win because I was expecting a much worse outcome.

I'm suspecting that my V might have a tune to explain the speedo being off and it running quite a bit stronger than expected. I'm planning on taking it to the track to see what it will put up. Maybe some longtubes will be on order for an eventual rematch with the SRT.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Good runs. The V1 is a great vehicle if you can live with not doing tire roasting clutch dumps. The Differentials in the 06/07 are stronger than most people think.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Good runs makes me miss my 05 V. You car must have more than just axle backs to be running with a 6.4 hemi. More than likely a tune if she will rev over 6500 rpms, with a tune mine would hit 7000. Longtubes and a tune will really wake the car up if it isn't already tuned. I paid $400 for longtubes and connection pipes I had stock exhaust and was barley louder than stock.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
That...is my favorite GM product right there man. Great kills, sexy ass car!

geoffc

Established Member
Nice kills man. What part of Houston are you in?

I live near 99 & 90 but commute mostly on westheimer.

Good runs. The V1 is a great vehicle if you can live with not doing tire roasting clutch dumps. The Differentials in the 06/07 are stronger than most people think.

I'm surprised that I haven't experienced any wheel hop. Everything looks stock underneath. Spinning ain't winning.

Good runs makes me miss my 05 V. You car must have more than just axle backs to be running with a 6.4 hemi. More than likely a tune if she will rev over 6500 rpms, with a tune mine would hit 7000. Longtubes and a tune will really wake the car up if it isn't already tuned. I paid $400 for longtubes and connection pipes I had stock exhaust and was barley louder than stock.

I'll try to test the rev limiter but it makes my skin curl. That's a sweet deal for longtubes. I'd like to keep it as quiet as possible.

geoffc

Established Member
1909139_10153276046063906_7911564917021657292_o.jpg

QUOTE=11socal50;14548561]Any pictures of the V?[/QUOTE]

This is my only pic so far. Hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread