Uttering Threats... or whatnot.

NotOrange...

Established Member
So I have a question, 1st time in this subforum. I only get on the internet once in a while so questions might take a long time to answer.

I'll leave this in short form as best I can.
Me and the gf were driving to work the other morning, we were behind a line of about 4 on a single lane highway. It splits off to a double so we go to pass some people (we were going 80kmph in a 100kmph zone) we get infront of most of the slow movers and then all of a sudden a large jeep cut right in front of us and speeds up. They speed up enough to get right beside the truck in front and stay right beside them.
They stay there for a good 5 minutes so I click the highbeams 3 times quickly to gesture that I would like to pass. They then slow down, so I go around them and pass in the right hand lane. Then they flick on all 6 of their off road lights and tailgate me for about 10 minutes until we get inside city limits.
They move over and get beside us and the guy trys to ram us off the road. (yes, literally) my gf gets a good look at the guy and recognizes him as a person who was recently fired from her workplace. He turns off and I go drop her off at work.
When I got to work I get a very scared phone call as he showed up at her work and threatened to bring a girl to kick her ass and to tell me to come down and he would "crush my skull" . I tell her to call the police and I called the new shop that he works at as I am friends with the owner. I tell him of what happened and to expect the police to show up.

My gf calls me back and the police leave and go to his workplace to talk to him about the incident, once they speak with him they call her back and pretty much say that it was our fault for flashing the highbeams at him (I thought that was a nice way of saying you would like to pass) and that he is sorry that he did that. So they decided to not press charges even for threatening us,even though there were witnesses who saw him fly off the handle, also mentioning that he had no priors.

I don't feel this was the right outcome for what happened. I and even more worse my gf was threatened by someone who has lost 3 jobs for threatening customers. Yes he did lose his current job because of what had happened to me and her.

Is this right, by the law for nothing to happen? I know ethically and logically it isn't right for nothing to happen. If not what should I do? Talk to the officers supervisor? talk to another officer?

Yes this is one side of the story, but it is the truth. In this situation I did nothing wrong so I have nothing to hide.

Maybe someone could give me somewhere to go with this so I can make her feel safe.

Thanks everyone.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
First off the officers should have made a report and I am sure they did so. They may/should have asked you and your girlfriend for your written statements. They in turn would get the other guys written statement.
These statements along with the officers report then go to the governing prosecutor.
It is up to the prosecutor to go ahead or not, probably under a terroristic threat charge.
You may try speaking with a officers supervisor, or possibly the proscutor.

NotOrange...

Established Member
I know that they did take a statement from her, they did not from him. the officer decided after speaking with him that they wouldn't press any charges. They didn't even attempt to talk to me. I will try speaking with the officers superior to see if any further action can or will be taken. I feel that this was not dealt with properly. I forgot to mention that I was in Canada FordSVTFan :( I know that changes alot.

Thanks.
-Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread