Using tons of oil

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
This is a new rebuild with less than 4K on it and she is drinking oil like me with a case of beer on a hot summer day. It is not smoking and the plugs look text book. I pulled the engine again and replaced the valve seals and that did no good. Comp is 185 to 190 on all eight cold with no oil. Oil in the intake just past the TB but none in the air tube. She runs like a bat out of hell with no smoke on WOT but sometimes on start up but not every time. PVC system seems ok but I am going to do more checks tomorrow to make sure it is right. Anyone ever come across anything like this. I am sure the bottom end and the valves are ok and this motor will plant you in the seat so I just do not think its the base engine. What do you guys think?
:shrug:

poisonpony96

Established Member
mine is the same. 10k on rebuild. It is forced induction I do get some smoke at wot not much at all though. Alot through pcv though could just be loose tolerances between pistons and block so we burn some but not much. I'm adding a quart every 2-3k

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
make sure you are checking your oil after 20 min of eng running. the heads can hold up to 3qts of oil before it drains back

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Mine uses a qt. every 500 miles. Runs like a bat out of hell for what it is. Original stock motor. 42,000 miles When this engine goes I want a coyote engine.

Users who are viewing this thread