Using nattys blue paste wax

68thoroughbred

Established Member
I've tried applying it by hand and buffing it out, tried applying it with the porter cable let it sit and buff it out with a clean pad. It always leaves a residue that is nearly impossible to get off, it just smears when i try to get it off. Any ideas are welcome. Also, I've got some deeper than normal scratches in my paint that meguiars scratch remover and the orange pad won't take out. I'm about to get their fine cut cleaner, but i'm afraid to use something that i can feel the abrasives in. Anybody used that with the porter cable and what were your results?

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
68thoroughbred said:
I've tried applying it by hand and buffing it out, tried applying it with the porter cable let it sit and buff it out with a clean pad. It always leaves a residue that is nearly impossible to get off, it just smears when i try to get it off. Any ideas are welcome. Also, I've got some deeper than normal scratches in my paint that meguiars scratch remover and the orange pad won't take out. I'm about to get their fine cut cleaner, but i'm afraid to use something that i can feel the abrasives in. Anybody used that with the porter cable and what were your results?
I use their Fine Cut. Nothing too bad. I might actually step up to Medium Cut. Just make sure you follow it up with their Swirl Remover then Glaze, and finish with a sealer.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I used Nattys paste wax. It was more difficult to apply and remove than I thought it would be, but, up until now I have always used off the shelf stuff which I do'nt think lasts as long as Nattys.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Natty's goes on super thin and needs to fully haze (but not set too long) before removing.

If you remove it too soon or apply it too thick; it smears.

Wait too long and it gets a *little* hard to remove, but just spritz it with a QD or some distilled water and it will come right off with no problem.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Meguiar's Fine cut is great if the swirl remover has failed. Follow it up with the glaze and sealant.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
PB PwC is like a cleaner wax on steroids.

Its a light polish that leaves behind a carnauba finish. Not a sealant; though that do have Polish with Sealant now (new product). Its not real tough even with an orange pad; but its just enough to remove fine "towel scratches" and leave a slick finish. I'd follow with Natty's for the best look and protection.

As you work PwC, you'll see it start to "haze"; thats when you quit with the buffer and remove the product.

Via PC, I found it most effective using an LC orange pad/speed 6

68thoroughbred

Established Member
Well i have deeper scratches than just towel scratches. I'm gonna use the meguairs fine cut, but they're saying i need a sealer... I was hoping to not have to wait the three days for something else from specialty motoring. Oh well, i know it's worth it

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Who is "they" referring to that is telling you that you need a sealer?

Sealants and Waxes are your final protection...which you'll want to apply after you get done with all your swirl/scratch removal/polishing.

Sealant vs. Wax (carnauba) is really a preference of durability and looks.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Very Very thin coat. You're right. Its a pain to take off if its too thick. A little bit goes a long way.

68thoroughbred

Established Member
mblgjr said:
Who is "they" referring to that is telling you that you need a sealer?

Sealants and Waxes are your final protection...which you'll want to apply after you get done with all your swirl/scratch removal/polishing.

Sealant vs. Wax (carnauba) is really a preference of durability and looks.

I was referring to the people above you. I was thinking that a sealant had something to do with sealing after you used the cutting cleaner and then went on with the normal wax routine. I've got a lot to learn as i'm just getting into this kind of detail. If a wax and sealant do the same thing, then i guess i'm set..:shrug:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
+1 on the little goes a long way, learned that lesson the first time i used it.

Scott P

Established Member
For the Natty's Blue: Use a slightly damp foam applicator to apply it. Thin coats are key as with any last step product. Allow it to dry to a haze and then buff off with a microfiber towel. An alternative technique when buffing off is to use a slight mist of Poorboy's Spray & Gloss before buffing off.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
68thoroughbred said:
I was referring to the people above you. I was thinking that a sealant had something to do with sealing after you used the cutting cleaner and then went on with the normal wax routine. I've got a lot to learn as i'm just getting into this kind of detail. If a wax and sealant do the same thing, then i guess i'm set..:shrug:

1. Meguiar's Fine Cut
2. Swirl Remover
3. Glaze
4. Sealant
5. Wax

Check out this link for the differences between wax and sealant!

www.autogeek.net/carwax.html

Users who are viewing this thread