Useless Cupholders?

MrMustangman69

Established Member
Does anyone else have problems shifting with a cup in the cupholder? You put it in the deeper holder so it doesn't tip over when you turn and it ends up making shifting impossible. Has anyone found any alternatives?

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Don't use them. That's my solution :beer: With my tri-ax I can put a can in the front one for my Daily Driving but outside that I never use them expect for change :banana:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Haha, I'm guessing no one in this thread has owned a Fox Body!:rolling:

I have owned 4 of them...one of them was a Black 93 Cobra :rockon:

The Tri-ax did help some but I definitely can't get to-go cups anywhere. Its the worst part of the interior

I normally get the 32oz cups and stick it in between the E-brake and passenger seat. Fits nicely and doesn't move :beer:

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I normally get the 32oz cups and stick it in between the E-brake and passenger seat. Fits nicely and doesn't move :beer:

I did that till I had to slam on the brakes.... needless to say, a large sweet tea went flying into the dash. :whine:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The S197's are even worse. Just a soda can makes shifting next to impossible.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'd love to see Top Gear get ahold of this one.

I can hear Clarkson "And here we have the Ford Muhhhstang, with its raucious v8 that consumes enough petrol to power small ships and we've been told..... that the fat americans cant fit their 84 oz big gulps in the cup holder behind the geahr leaver."

dumbstixlars

Established Member

I can hear Clarkson "And here we have the Ford Muhhhstang, with its raucious v8 that consumes enough petrol to power small ships and we've been told..... that the fat americans cant fit their 84 oz big gulps in the cup holder behind the geahr leaver."

He ripped on the Audi R8 for it iirc.

v6mustang164

Established Member
I had problems with my t-45 with tri-ax, but with the mgw one I have now on my t56 I don't have any problems. I mean I have to reach around the cup but it doesn't prevent me from putting it in gear like before.

Kirk01

Established Member

This is hilarious and spot on

94CobraPace

Established Member
Try a SN-95 cup holder, talk about a after thought. Barly holds a can. I'll take the 01 cup holder over the 94 and the 07 over the 01.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
haha, it was TERRIBLE when I had the stock center console in my car. ONE cup holder in the entire car..and it can't even fit a drink from BK.

Thank God I have an 03/04 center console now.

realitygt

Established Member
i put it between the ebrake and the pass seat, then move the pass seat forward sometimes if it's just a plastic cup (mcdonalds lol) . styrofoam you can just leave it and it'll stay.

never spilled one yet

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
Haha, I never thought this was a problem :D

I never thougt anyone used them for cups, I usually throws the phone in my cup holder. A cup or can have never entered the car. :beer:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
I use bottles and slide them between the seat and center console where the seat belt attaches. They don't come free during corners and quick stops and they're sealed.

99BlownVert

Established Member
I have a 2 cup holder thing from chick fil a thats cardboard I keep it in the cobra and it will hold 2 drinks just fine I can sit it in the back seat or front just have to make sure its turned at an angle that it wont turn over lol.

shurur

Established Member
walmart cheap plastic cup-holders with hooks...4 for a dollar...snap the hook part off...two pan head screws w/washers mount to side of tunnel per holder into the plastic...let holder edge rest on the floor.

Two to each side..drivers and passenger...depending on seat setting...leg room ..at the least two in the passenger side.
You can also mount one with the hook to the back side of the center console..you can build a filler for the hook to fit snug with plastic laminate flooring shims..for a total of 5 cupholders

Also google "the ulimate cupholder"...he may have something for our mustangs by now...I was working with him to get measurements and see what BMW cupholders might work..but it got expensive for me and I would be doing all the work...and I don't think he saw the possible market...so I went to the walmart solution..and wife's BMW e46 got the cupholders I had bought.

He was developing an ulitimate cupholder for the Audi... the audi A4 has the worst cupholder ever designed...But I Did the same for my audi and used the walmart cheapo cupholder solution instead..

Cupholders area big deal to DDs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread