Used VMP gen 1 or new VMP gen 2?

Used VMP Gen 1 or New Gen 2?

• Used Gen 1 (yes, there is one guy selling a new gen 1 on here)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • New Gen 2

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Native

Established Member
Gen 1's are going for about $1,700 plus shipping.
Gen 2's are going for about $2,900 +/- depending on sale. Free shipping

This is with tuning and additional modifications aside. I personally, would have my car dyno tuned.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a Gen I. I bought a Gen II. Both were purchased new. I'd do it again.

mark989262

Established Member
If you have the cash, go Gen. 2 VMP , it will make more power than the Gen 1 and has a warranty if that helps, its all up to you.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I'm assuming that used vmp also includes 13/14 tvs so I voted for that. It's the choice I made. I didn't feel like I needed the bit of extra power the gen 2 makes and can always port mine later.

Native

Established Member
I'm assuming that used vmp also includes 13/14 tvs so I voted for that. It's the choice I made. I didn't feel like I needed the bit of extra power the gen 2 makes and can always port mine later.

Is the 13/14 tvs the same as the gen 1?

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
2013-14 Trinity Tvs have a bigger inlet & I think it flows 8% more than the gen 1 vmp. All Tvs are 2.3 but the inlet between the 3 are different in sizes.

Kenneth

Established Member
Swapped from the Gen 1 to a Gen 2.

Can't go wrong with either one but the Gen 2 is by far the best TVS on the market.

00Whitey

Established Member
I went with used Gen 1 ported, with 2.4 pulley for $1500. Great upgrade over stock. You can save a few bucks now and then if ya want VMP has a great deal on case only upgrade.

builttodrive

Established Member
Gen 1's are going for about $1,700 plus shipping.
Gen 2's are going for about $2,900 +/- depending on sale. Free shipping

This is with tuning and additional modifications aside. I personally, would have my car dyno tuned.

What are your power goals?
What are your goals for the car?
The gen 1 is capable of making a lot of power and I would have to weigh the $1,200 difference and is it worth the power difference between the two. I'm sure the gen 2 is slightly better than the gen 1 all around but the gen 1 has proven to be an efficient blower than can make some pretty good power.

On another note the gen 1 tvs (non) vmp can only except down to a 2.6 pulley without modification.
The (trinity) 5.8 13 and 14 tvs I believe can except down to a 2.4 pulley as well as the VMP Gen 1

colin1966

Established Member
VMP gen1 & Gen11
are both great blowers & make good power, at the end of the day it depends on what your going to do with the car, are you going to race & track it or is it a show car??
Seems to me a lot of guys are chasing bigger hp #'s and will never use the power but hey its there $$$ right.
Different guys I have talked to say they make between 30~50hp more with the Gen11 over there Gen1, if that hp difference means a lot then I would suggest the Gen11.

For me I have the Gen1,
My car is HOBBY I go to car shows and look at the other nice cars, I dont race or track but I am also not concerned about 20hp or so HP.
I sent my Gen1 out to BPS to get ported & the exterior show polished,cost about $1200, I have been to told I would gain approx 30hp from the port.

Colin

Native

Established Member

What are your power goals?
What are your goals for the car?

VMP gen1 & Gen11
are both great blowers & make good power, at the end of the day it depends on what your going to do with the car, are you going to race & track it or is it a show car??

Colin

Hold on a second lol. You mean to tell me that there is such a disparity between the gen 1 and 2 that each satisfy different power goals? You guys are funny. I don't know if you are trying to sound like experts or your really that clueless. If my power goals are 650 you mean to tell me that I should choose one over the other? Or if you are going to "track" the car one blower is a standout compared to the other? Guys I just wanted to know what route YOU chose. The blowers are most likely going to make within 30-50 whp of each other. lol not quite enough to forecast my car's future. :beer:

colin1966

Established Member
Hold on a second lol. You mean to tell me that there is such a disparity between the gen 1 and 2 that each satisfy different power goals? You guys are funny. I don't know if you are trying to sound like experts or your really that clueless. If my power goals are 650 you mean to tell me that I should choose one over the other? Or if you are going to "track" the car one blower is a standout compared to the other? Guys I just wanted to know what route YOU chose. The blowers are most likely going to make within 30-50 whp of each other. lol not quite enough to forecast my car's future.

You can pick which ever you like but from what I see, you put the poll up for peoples opinion"
I don't know if you are trying to sound like experts or your really that clueless
comments like this, WTF,

NOT AN EXPERT, simply saying that for the difference of $1200~$1500 from the Gen1 to Gen11 for MY NEEDS I choose to buy a used Gen1.
JUST as guys swap from the Gen1 to the GEN11 or to the KB all depends on there needs and wants,

Guys I just wanted to know what route YOU chose
re-read the post, you also made NO MENTION of your power needs or wants.

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
^+1 why ask the question if you already know the answer? If the power difference between the two and efficiency what little or big they are don't make a difference in your choice, why would you spend the 1,200 difference for one over the other?

Users who are viewing this thread