Used 14 GT500 for sale - $52,200

NorCalGuy

Established Member
For those still looking for a deal (or close to one), found a used 14 GT500 for sale - $52,200. Could possibly negotiate down to 50k if you have cash or financing ready to go - worth a shot.

Gray Metallic with Red Stripe. Just over 7k miles.

According to the same site, there are 179 2014's listed for sale and 92 2013's.

Cheers!

2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com

paluka21

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. Found a used '13 SVTPP with about 15k miles for $48k and change. Was a guys daily driver until he got something "more practical."
These prices for these cars are coming down to earth where they belong. :)

KsE

Established Member
yeah mine is for sale at a ford dealership for 53,900, it was a 13 DIB black stripes, nav,recaro, glass roof 3,200 miles.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Remember my thread regarding "careful of the low mileage low price" cars?

Yea...

That being said...spray painted black wheels, and it looks to be a no option car. Was $54995, new....

Not so good of a deal anymore eh?

Smells like fish!

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. Found a used '13 SVTPP with about 15k miles for $48k and change. Was a guys daily driver until he got something "more practical."
These prices for these cars are coming down to earth where they belong. :)

Says who?

Not sure they're coming down to where they "belong"...when the wholesale market average is still about $56k with an average of 5k miles, once you remove the below average cars. Therefore, used selling prices on clean cars are between 56-58k.

Besides, $50k-ish is about right for a 15k mile daily driven car.

I put 15k on my 13 fusion in the last 6mos. It's my DD. it is in nowhere as good shape as my Shelby is. I don't expect a 15k mile Shelby that's a year old to look at good as my 6500mile Shelby. You pay for what you get.

Last edited:

Nickoli

Established Member
yah, I was going to make the same point Chris did. It's as base as it gets and only $2k under sticker. I sure hope those wheels are plasti-dip'd but judging by the calipers shitty over spray I bet they are a rattle can job.

USV8PWR

Established Member
And I'll add....again...that once Ford quits building them the ONLY way to get one will be to find one used for sale. With approximatley 10,500 total units built and them being wrecked, totaled, extremely modified, etc. it won't take long (maybe a few years) to weed out a good chunk of the available for sale/good deal ones. There are quite a few of us on here, and I'm sure across the country, who never intend to sell their cars. I do not believe there will ever be a lot of these cars for sale at any given time. Especially, clean low mileage examples anyway.

paluka21

Established Member
Says who?

Not sure they're coming down to where they "belong"...when the wholesale market average is still about $56k with an average of 5k miles, once you remove the below average cars. Therefore, used selling prices on clean cars are between 56-58k.

Besides, $50k-ish is about right for a 15k mile daily driven car.

I put 15k on my 13 fusion in the last 6mos. It's my DD. it is in nowhere as good shape as my Shelby is. I don't expect a 15k mile Shelby that's a year old to look at good as my 6500mile Shelby. You pay for what you get.

Chris,

Says many websites bud, not me or anyone else on here. As much as folks may not like it, some of the new Shelby's are going for significantly lower prices compared to a year ago. I hate to say this, but you're coming across as a know-it-all debbie-downer when it comes to folks on here eye-balling used cars. You're really giving people the impression that a lot of these used cars are either heavily worn and damaged junk, or not worth buying all together due to them being inferior because of previous damage or just simply being ragged out. I can understand if someone is spray painting or plasti-dipping wheels, or even wrecked the vehicle. But I don't expect this to be the norm.
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps you're a little bit off on your judgements simply because you have insight to auctioned cars and *see* cars like this going on the market, and are therefore assuming that the majority of these used Shelby's aren't worth buying? I'm sure all of us, including myself appreciate the advice you're giving to scope out a used car well before buying and to make sound judgements. However I am going to go out on a limb here and state that majority of the folks purchasing these cars are are educated buyers who are researching a vehicle well before dropping $50K+ on a vehicle.*IF* they are not doing their homework, then shame on them. I'm a middle aged guy who has been in this game longer than a lot of the folks on this forum have been driving, and quite frankly don't appreciate it when someone downs other peoples cars just because they didn't buy them new.

I don't expect a 15k mile Shelby that's a year old to look at good as my 6500mile Shelby. You pay for what you get.

But I gotta say, you're coming across as awfully presumptuous by this above statement. I'm willing to bet there are plenty of used cars out there which are just as good as your 6500 mile Shelby, and just because they will be purchased at a significantly lower price, albeit slightly used, does not mean they are inferior, unless of course they have been wrecked or damaged.

Listen, I just wanted to set the record straight and: 1) let you know there are many cars out there which *are* just as good as anyone else's car, including yours, and 2) thank you again for reminding people to be cautious in their purchases. I may have also portrayed myself as cross, but it pisses me off to no end when I get the feeling that someone is putting down other people's purchases/cars and just assumes most of the low priced/low mileage cars are not worth the time of day.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Wow.

You're new to thjs section, so I'm Not even touching any of that.

Good luck with your purchase.

TFStang

Established Member
Chris,

Says many websites bud, not me or anyone else on here. As much as folks may not like it, some of the new Shelby's are going for significantly lower prices compared to a year ago. I hate to say this, but you're coming across as a know-it-all debbie-downer when it comes to folks on here eye-balling used cars. You're really giving people the impression that a lot of these used cars are either heavily worn and damaged junk, or not worth buying all together due to them being inferior because of previous damage or just simply being ragged out. I can understand if someone is spray painting or plasti-dipping wheels, or even wrecked the vehicle. But I don't expect this to be the norm.
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps you're a little bit off on your judgements simply because you have insight to auctioned cars and *see* cars like this going on the market, and are therefore assuming that the majority of these used Shelby's aren't worth buying? I'm sure all of us, including myself appreciate the advice you're giving to scope out a used car well before buying and to make sound judgements. However I am going to go out on a limb here and state that majority of the folks purchasing these cars are are educated buyers who are researching a vehicle well before dropping $50K+ on a vehicle.*IF* they are not doing their homework, then shame on them. I'm a middle aged guy who has been in this game longer than a lot of the folks on this forum have been driving, and quite frankly don't appreciate it when someone downs other peoples cars just because they didn't buy them new.

But I gotta say, you're coming across as awfully presumptuous by this above statement. I'm willing to bet there are plenty of used cars out there which are just as good as your 6500 mile Shelby, and just because they will be purchased at a significantly lower price, albeit slightly used, does not mean they are inferior, unless of course they have been wrecked or damaged.

Listen, I just wanted to set the record straight and: 1) let you know there are many cars out there which *are* just as good as anyone else's car, including yours, and 2) thank you again for reminding people to be cautious in their purchases. I may have also portrayed myself as cross, but it pisses me off to no end when I get the feeling that someone is putting down other people's purchases/cars and just assumes most of the low priced/low mileage cars are not worth the time of day.

I don't think Chris was trying to put anyone's car down. I think his intent (and please correct me if I'm wrong) was to shed light on some things happening behind the scenes regarding fairly new cars that are selling used for what appear to be significant discounts. He is just warning people to make sure that what they are buying is what they are expecting. Also, if someone is selling a base car for low $50's, you can't compare that to a fully loaded unit that cost $10k more. So in the end, what seems like a great deal may not be.

I know that Chris has helped many on here score deals and find cars. I wouldn't take offense to his post as I do not think he meant it the way you took it. However, in the off chance that he did, I do agree with you that no one should put down someone else's purchase, but I do not believe that to be the case here.

This forum actually has some very informative members and it really is a great community with a wealth of information for these cars.

03SonicStang

Established Member
For me its all in the purchaser and what he or she wants to do with the car. I know I'm paying a little more than the average, but I will OK with it if the car is as advertised, which it is, thanks again USV8PWR

I will be hanging on to this car for a while. It will not be used for street races and most likely will never make it to the track and I don't plan on modifying it. ( I say that now :banana:) With that said, I wanted a VERY low mile, loaded up, one owner car and if possible Ford Certified.

I so happened to find my car in Northern Alabama; so be it, and I get to take a road trip, with NO KIDS (I have three daughters so this is a major bonus for me :banana:) I'm not saying anything bad about these low cost cars, its just not for me.

Just my two cents......

paluka21

Established Member
I don't think Chris was trying to put anyone's car down. I think his intent (and please correct me if I'm wrong) was to shed light on some things happening behind the scenes regarding fairly new cars that are selling used for what appear to be significant discounts. He is just warning people to make sure that what they are buying is what they are expecting. Also, if someone is selling a base car for low $50's, you can't compare that to a fully loaded unit that cost $10k more. So in the end, what seems like a great deal may not be.

I know that Chris has helped many on here score deals and find cars. I wouldn't take offense to his post as I do not think he meant it the way you took it. However, in the off chance that he did, I do agree with you that no one should put down someone else's purchase, but I do not believe that to be the case here.

This forum actually has some very informative members and it really is a great community with a wealth of information for these cars.

Perhaps you're right and he didn't mean it that way, but that's how I took it. And again, I by no means want to take personal shots at folks, but I have met plenty of people over the years who look down on people for buying used cars, and are looked at as "not as good as mine." I can certainly understand the pride with owning a brand new car that nobody else has molested or damaged, as I've owned quite a few new cars myself and have felt this way as well.
But in today's economy and the relatively high price of Shelby vehicles, it's sometimes difficult to fork out $60K+ in cash for a vehicle which is a non-daily driver. I'm a believer in paying cash for something, and speaking for myself, I personally don't have $60K laying around at this time waiting to get spent. I'm therefore hoping to purchase one of these vehicles in the late winter/early spring if I can find a '14 left over on the lot new, or one slightly used and in good condition, at a lower price than they're currently going for.
Again, I'm open for suggestions on vehicles, but I get offended when I think someone is looking down on others for purchasing new because they don't have the money to buy a new vehicle like they may own.

paluka21

Established Member
For me its all in the purchaser and what he or she wants to do with the car. I know I'm paying a little more than the average, but I will OK with it if the car is as advertised, which it is, thanks again USV8PWR

I will be hanging on to this car for a while. It will not be used for street races and most likely will never make it to the track and I don't plan on modifying it. ( I say that now :banana:) With that said, I wanted a VERY low mile, loaded up, one owner car and if possible Ford Certified.

I so happened to find my car in Northern Alabama; so be it, and I get to take a road trip, with NO KIDS (I have three daughters so this is a major bonus for me :banana:) I'm not saying anything bad about these low cost cars, its just not for me.

Just my two cents......

You sound like you're in the same boat as me. I told my wife that I would be more than happy to fly across the country to inspect and pay for the vehicle, and take a road trip back home in the car. If the weather doesn't permit, I guess I'll have it shipped back home once I can fly out to verify it is what I want. I'm very meticulous with my vehicles and keeping them clean, and buying a certified used vehicle may give me a better feeling than purchasing one which is not.

Last edited:

BCPD199

Established Member
WOW! I hardly have half those miles on my 2013, cars been thrashed, eh

Not necessarily. The '13 GT500 I traded in had 7,600 miles on her. I never used the launch control, never tried to do a burn out, etc. Daily driver which had the oil changed at 1,000, 2,500 and then at 5,000 miles. I enjoyed some spirited driving; but, never "beat" on her.

Beautiful detail job :dw:
I like that color combo though.
-J

Thanks! That's the combo I traded in for. I took the glass roof option for good measure!

Users who are viewing this thread