Used 03 shortblock

jcar302

Established Member
took them out im assuming? Thats even better for the buyer lol, they dont have to waste time pulling the motor apart to get out those crapy pistons ford used.

I'd hardly call pistons that put up with 600rwhp off the showroom floor "crappy".
I can't think of any other factory engine that will put up with that much rwhp from any maker.

Back on topic, i would of assumed too that it was fully assembled.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I'd hardly call pistons that put up with 600rwhp off the showroom floor "crappy".
I can't think of any other factory engine that will put up with that much rwhp from any maker.

Back on topic, i would of assumed too that it was fully assembled.

hrmm not crappy eh? Explain to me what is the ONLY part that fails in 03-04 cobra motors from use, the pistons!

jcar302

Established Member
hrmm not crappy eh? Explain to me what is the ONLY part that fails in 03-04 cobra motors from use, the pistons!

More like "abuse".
The engine made 360rwhp stock, i bet most of those cobras that still are at that power level run fine and the pistons are intact.
When you boost the power levels on any car somethings got to give eventually.

Foxbodys split the block at numbers over 500rwhp, does that mean the block is crappy? No, it just means you can't more than double the output of the factory engine.

With the way you see it, the engine should of came ready for 26lbs of boost and 700rwhp.
Pretty tall order for a 30,000 car.

As i said, name one other car that a stock engine will handle 600rwhp.

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
Crank is still in the block. Two of th rods and pistons have been removed to check for damage. The rest of the pistons are still in. However it needs pistons so you will have to take all the rods out anyway. The crank could probably stay but Id suggest taking it out too and replacing the bearings.

JMD0346

Established Member
Id like to get 1k plus shipping if anyone is interested. I think thats a fair price. These rods and crank are pretty indestructible. The cylinders dont show any bad scoring or gouges. You could possibly just do a hone and some new pistons. At worst do .020 over and new pistons.

King_Roush

BANNED
:lol::lol:

way to lowball the guy! Id say with the shortblock with rotating assembly all in good working order 1500$

dude your always in threads with some stupid crap to say a couple of my boys have sold 03/04 short blocks with entire asembly for about $700-$850 and i've seen some on here now go cry to LL like you always do.:poke:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
dude your always in threads with some stupid crap to say a couple of my boys have sold 03/04 short blocks with entire asembly for about $700-$850 and i've seen some on here now go cry to LL like you always do.:poke:

your an idiot. you obviously dont know how to price things, and ive never said anything about getting shortblocks for 750-800$, so please go put your finger in a dyke. :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread