USC returning Bush's Heisman

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i thought usc was the reason bush discredited usc's program. aren't they the ones who gave him the payoffs and whatnot?

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
It's funny how all of these college athletes take money and payoffs from agents and boosters from a school, and the kid never gets in trouble. The NCAA will sanction the school but ultimately it was the student that made the decsion to take cash, cars and other things.i

JYOO

Established Member
Big deal we got plenty of those. Bush is a little greedy prick, hope they disfigure his trophy too on tv that would be cool.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
i thought usc was the reason bush discredited usc's program. aren't they the ones who gave him the payoffs and whatnot?

No, a promoter allowed his parents to live rent free in a house while he was in college.

USC's only mistake with Bush, was not knowing what was going on and not putting a stop to it.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
was not knowing what was going on and not putting a stop to it.

No their mistake was they KNEW what was going on and allowed it to happen. Then when the NCAA got wind of it they denied everything and tried to cover it up. The University was just as guilty as anyone in this situation. I'm glad the NCAA fried them and it sounds like USC ratted out a bunch of other schools allowing the same thing. USCe, UNC, and Bama are on the chopping block now.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Maybe these University's should be a little more critical of these kid's character when deciding who to give scholarships and allowing them to play sports and represent the University :shrug:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
I would bet that more and more allegations come out of USC in the next few years....Pete Carroll's program may not have been so squeaky clean, after all....

Man that's a big slap in Bush's face by returning the Heisman. That's really not cool considering that earned it without question.

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
Thats pretty Hipocritical. These schools make all this money off TV contracts and what not and then the athlete,who generates the intrest in the sports that make the money, gets hammered when they accept gifts and money.

I think Bush did earn the Heisman. Parents living rent free didn't have anything to do with his performance on the field. Its not like he took HGH or something.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Thats pretty Hipocritical. These schools make all this money off TV contracts and what not and then the athlete,who generates the intrest in the sports that make the money, gets hammered when they accept gifts and money.

I think Bush did earn the Heisman. Parents living rent free didn't have anything to do with his performance on the field. Its not like he took HGH or something.

How is it hypocritical? He was give a full ride scholarship and a free education at a very good school. Bush gets away free & clear and is a millionaire in the NFL, while USC gets the screws put to it.

According to the governing rules (essentially a contract to play) that Bush knowingly agreed to when he decided to play college football, he was not eligible. Bush took money/gifts too, not just his parents. He cheated, and should be stripped from the record books.

Bush needs to be a man and admit fault. Sadly, he doesn't appear to have much integrity, so that may never happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread