US/Israel develop anti-rocket "shield".

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
It uses some kind of countermeasure to hit the head of the rocket-head. After that you just have a piece of metal flying which isn't going to do anything.

Now I know the exact details are secret but we must have some weapons experts to weigh in on what these possibly could be.

The technology knows where the head of the missile is...so...could the system be heat-seeking?

Next, it has to hit the head. Now from the videos it's safe to assume it does not fire any kind of projectile round...so it must use a beam of some type of energy? Or a pulse that's effective within a radius? Something like that?

Pretty awesome technology.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Badass. Now if only I had one of those on my car that could blow up the dumbass drivers around me.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Dont believe anything you read..... :thumbsup:

or see on videos :-D

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
deannyc said:
So if we`re under the assumption that it is literally slicing the warhead off, could you just cut a fence in half with it too?

I don't know..but i don't understand how this question is relevant.

Anyway i was wrong, it DOES fire projectiles. Small pellet things. Here's something I found:

"Currently, the system is designed for the Stryker light armored vehicle and for the Israeli Merkava main battle tank. The design includes four flat-panel antennas and a search radar mounted on the vehicle. When properly mounted, the combined radar view is a full 360 degrees. When a weapon is fired at the vehicle, the internal computer uses the signal from the incoming weapon and calculates an approach vector. Once the incoming weapon is fully classified, the computers calculate the optimal time and angle to fire the neutralizers. The response comes from two launchers installed on the vehicle, one on each side. The launchers have a pivoting/rotating ability and thus are able to fire in any direction the computer requires. The launchers fire the neutralizing agents which are usually small metal pellets like shotgun shot. The system is designed to have a very small kill zone so the lethality outside that zone is small. People standing next to the vehicle should not be affected by the firing of the TROPHY system."

Users who are viewing this thread