ur thoughts PLX DM-100 Touch

cooper1320

Established Member
im lloking into getting a wide band for the cobra, just saw this product

PLX DM-100 OBD2 Touch Multigauge (96-14 All)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/plx-dm-100-obd2-touch-multigauge.html

Multi-gauge - Monitor critical systems
Color Organic LED Technology (OLED)
4 Button Multi-Touch Screen Interface
Customizable virtual gauge faces
Reads 26 OBDII parameters
Reads and clears trouble codes
Plug and play OBDII interface
Daisy chain up to 16 PLX Sensor Modules
Standard 2-1/16" (52.4mm) size
Fits all 1996-2014 Mustangs

I like this gauge cause I can see my air intake temps, my 1/4 time, clear codes and what sound like so much more

my main question about this product is will it properly read my aif/fuel ratio??

do I need to buy the A/F module also??

I called AM and asked them but they didn't sound sure... the lady yes I would need it then 5 mins later she said I didn't need to get it, then said for me to get it just incase and I could return it if I don't need it....

should I buy this?? is there a different suggestion or sould I just get a Innovate Motorsports A/F

AMWill

im lloking into getting a wide band for the cobra, just saw this product

PLX DM-100 OBD2 Touch Multigauge (96-14 All)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/plx-dm-100-obd2-touch-multigauge.html

Multi-gauge - Monitor critical systems
Color Organic LED Technology (OLED)
4 Button Multi-Touch Screen Interface
Customizable virtual gauge faces
Reads 26 OBDII parameters
Reads and clears trouble codes
Plug and play OBDII interface
Daisy chain up to 16 PLX Sensor Modules
Standard 2-1/16" (52.4mm) size
Fits all 1996-2014 Mustangs

I like this gauge cause I can see my air intake temps, my 1/4 time, clear codes and what sound like so much more

my main question about this product is will it properly read my aif/fuel ratio??

do I need to buy the A/F module also??

I called AM and asked them but they didn't sound sure... the lady yes I would need it then 5 mins later she said I didn't need to get it, then said for me to get it just incase and I could return it if I don't need it....

should I buy this?? is there a different suggestion or sould I just get a Innovate Motorsports A/F

Hey Copper,

I wanted to start out by saying that I do apologize for the lack of clarity when you called into our customer service department. That is not what I like to hear and I will make sure that doesn't happen again.

In regards to the gauge, the PLX DM-100 OBD2 Touch Multigauge is an awesome little tool!

It can be used as a a powerful scan tool, code reader, and performance gauge all in one!

When it comes to Air fuel ratio, since your car did not come with a factory wide band you would also want to grab the PLX Gen 3 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Module for proper monitoring.

I hope this helped and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

cbrown9064

Established Member
With my need for a wideband, I am needing one with a digital output that feeds into Binary Editor directly. Only two do this without a datalogger box, AEM and Innovate.

The reason I mention this is think about you future needs. Then this device may or may not be what you want. From AM's response, you need a module to get the AFR also.

Sometimes simpler is better.

What is your need for AFR?

Users who are viewing this thread