Upset over new Times!

USMCracing

Established Member
OK I don't know what happend. I went to the track last night and with all the MODS I've made (see sig, stock gears) I was looking for atleast a 13.7. When it was bone stock I run a 14.2 on a 1.00 RT. My driving has gotten better. My first past wasn't what I looking for. On a .619 RT 2.2 60ft (I think this what I need to work on) I ran a 13.9 at 103 mph. I couldn't seem find the traction all night. I made about 8 passes and the they all ranged from 13.9 or 14.1. I know my Cobra is good for a mid 13. I've run a mid 13 Z28 on the street and took him by a car. I hate to say this but I lost to DAMN Civic with slicks and a big ass Turbo (he run a 12.60). I did take a 03 Cobra (it was the guys first time on the track and red lighted) I got the jump on him and he had to run me down he ran a 13.6 but he still red lighted. Another thing I'm thinking is I just put the Magna flow CATBACK on. So would the loss in back pressure hurt me that bad. Thanks :read:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
CAt back shouldnt hurt your times or HP. I would say the prob lem (as you alraeady guessed ) is the 60 foot time. a 2.0 would have gotten you a 13.5 to a 13.6 by my guesstimate. From your sig it looks like your running stock gears, I would change those out ASAP. My reasoning is that with ssteeper gears you get yourself in the Cobras sweet spot quicker (high RPMs) and stay there. I have similar mods to my car (minus the LT's which I am debating awith myself about) and best I have ever done wass a 13.5, but usually I am around 13.6-9. I hate getting those 13.9 + time slips but sometimes you miss a gear or whatever. Your trap speed should put you in the mid 13's. Just keep going to the track and it'll get better. Not to sound like a dick but it usually boils down to driver (not a flame) I know my car has more in it just cant seem to bring out of her. But that is why you keep going back :beer:

Alex

A

Peter

Established Member
Don't be disheartened your mph indicates a mid
13 run all you need is a little more practice, drag races
are won and lost in the first 60 ft.

Peter

USMCracing

Established Member
I think a set DRs would get my 60ft time down to atleast 2 to 1.80. I'm still waiting for the cash to get the gears and have someone install them. The best time of the was a 13.913 at 103.7 RT .630 60ft 2.231.
How can I work on my 60ft times with the street tires? I didn't want to slip that clutch off the line cause I don't want to wear it out faster. I was have to launch at 1400rpm any higher and I'd smoke the tires off the line (which gave me the 14.2). I do think the car felt stronger before the Catback. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread