upr x-pipe

Satyr

Established Member
btw, i only got rid of it because i went to LT's and needed a shorty mid pipe

venomous99

Established Member
i got one to replace the slp and dont regret it one bit. the price was good but most importantly the pipe tucks high so u wont have issues with clearance if your car is lowered. come smog time we'll see if the cats are good enough to pass the sniffer.

venomous99

Established Member
the design is the same as a magnaflow so if you dont like the sound of a true crossover then u wont like any of the brands that implement that sort of design. the bassani i would have to say sounds the worst even with a nice catback.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
I just bought one off of here and LOVE it. I have an exhaust leak on the drivers side manifold connection though. I have to investigate that. Is there a gasket that is supposed to go in there that maybe i am missing?

venomous99

Established Member
no gasket on the driver side as the ball/socket should seal when u tighten...just make sure when u tighten these that you tighten each side slowly so the seal is even. passenger flange has a metal gasket.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
My local buddy with the other Sonic Snake in town has it. He really likes it. I actually sold it to him when I decided to just take the cats of my Bassani 5 piece.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
the design is the same as a magnaflow so if you dont like the sound of a true crossover then u wont like any of the brands that implement that sort of design. the bassani i would have to say sounds the worst even with a nice catback.

+1 Its the same design as all x pipes except bassani and bbk which are way raspier. If you think a upr is too raspy than get a h-pipe.

svt2ner

Established Member
Ive actually got the pypes catted x basically same thing just have the option of throwing on the o/r tubes - never used. like it a lot and no complaints. Your cat-back is what will make or break it though.

venomous99

Established Member
+1 Its the same design as all x pipes except bassani and bbk which are way raspier. If you think a upr is too raspy than get a h-pipe.

yup or go back to stock lol
as already stated it also comes down to what catback u match with the mid pipe. still think the true crossovers sound the best with straightthrough and chambered with h pipes.
i would consider bbk and bassani as a hybrid mid pipe that meshes a true crossover with an hpipe.

Black Sex

Established Member
I like my UPR O/R 1000 times better than my old BBK O/R. The UPR sounds good with Bassani catback

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
I ran a UPR o/r X on my 04 Cobra (sold) with Magnaflow CB and got alot of compliments.

VincodeY

Established Member
ive had it for a couple of years now. The sound and price are great. However, the flange is warped now on the drivers side so it has a constant leak now. Just an fyi.

Users who are viewing this thread