UPR Upper & Lowers

therealshocker

Established Member
I recently purchased UPR upper and lower adjustable control arms (Part Number: # 2002-02 and Part Number: # 2001-2). My buddy and I went to install them today only to find out that my stock bolts are entirely too big for the holes on the control arms. I talked to someone there at UPR and he told me that I have 2 options. I can either drill the holes on my new control arms to a 14mm bolt size, or I could use 12mm bolts. Well here is my dilemma... I would not have bought the control arms had I known I had to do drilling on them, thinning out what little metal there already is. Also, if I went the other route and chose to use 12mm bolts, I would imagine it would be quite noisy have 12mm bolts roaming around in my 14mm holes on my car...and quite possibly hard to maintain a steady pinion angle?

I have purchased several items from UPR and have been pleased with everyone of them up until now. Perhaps yal can steer me in another direction because I honestly do not want to drill them out. If that were the case, I would have ordered some cheap brand and went to town on my drill press. I prefer not to have a noisy rearend from mismatched bolts and holes, seeing as how this is my daily driver and it sees quite a lot of road time. I really do not want to return them because they are nice control arms, and I am ready to have them on!

Any one else had these problems?

spike_africa

Established Member
the 94-98 cars have smaller rear bolts for the control arms from what i have gathered. SO i am willing ot bet you have lower control arms for older cars not 99-04 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread