UPR solid adjustable upper control arm install help?

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
Well, in the middle of trying to install my solid adjustable upper control arm (2001-08) and the instructions don’t really “instruct” lol. Anyone installed one of these? The kit came with 2 hat spacers/washers as well as 2 large diameter stainless washers. Looking for help configuring where the spacers/washers belong. Links, pics, any help is appreciated. I’ve found plenty of poly uca installs online which doesn’t help much with the solid stuff. UPR’s home page doesn’t give specific install for this control arm.

Thanks in advance.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you post a picture of the parts you have in the configuration that you think they go for a visual reference? ...that would be a good starting point. I can tell you that the assembly should fit pretty snug "centered" in your upper control arm mount, before you insert the bolt and torque it down. It is unlikely but possible that washers are included for the rear differential bushing also.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-pro-series-double-adjustable-upper-05.html

Last edited:

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
Can you post a picture of the parts you have in the configuration that you think they go for a visual reference? ...that would be a good starting point. I can tell you that the assembly should fit pretty snug "centered" in your upper control arm mount, before you insert the bolt and torque it down. It is unlikely but possible that washers are included for the rear differential bushing also.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-pro-series-double-adjustable-upper-05.html

I got it figured out after speaking with a friend earlier. The hat spacers are only required if used with the stock upper mount. I’m using upr’s mount as well so they aren’t needed. Just like to cover my bases before bolting anything down.

For anyone else’s reference, Steeda is the only one who has an online video install of a similar double adjustable solid uca.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread