UPR?... don't bother

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
UPR?... great guys after all :)

OK, I'm talking Cobra inserts... ordered a set a few days ago for the 03 Cobra from UPR, and made sure that the the ones on the order form. Guess what... I got inserts for a 01 (and billed for the 03).

Hey UPR... you listening? This ain't rocket science guys, and the 03 letter are so much larger then the 01 a blind man could tell. Instead of just sending out whatever the **** you have on the shelf, try a little harder to ship what was ordered to the next fool who thinks they are getting a good deal. Sorry UPR... you can kiss my business goodby.

Yeah, I'll eat the few bucks it cost for the inserts, but that's the last dime you'll see out of me. I'm not going to pay for return shipping, pay for shipping back to my house (again) for the right product, and then pay a 20% restocking fee on top of all that.

I should have listened to the guys here that bitched about your crap - they were right. You guys do suck a$$.

----------------------

EDIT: Please read my last posting in this thread... UPR did try to come through - but still came up short.

-----------------------

Last edited:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
sm8k, Hey, don't sugar coat it! Tell us how you really "feel/think" of UPR. Sounds like an honest mistake. I would "think" they would cover all the cost of returns and sending out the correct parts.

Sorry to hear of the mistake. It's very frustrating, but that's part of this great life we live!

Having an 03 should make your days just a little better!:beer:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
They have always been good to me! I would think they would take care of it for you , I mean its not your misstake! Call em and have them take care of it for sure! You paid for it and if they dont give it take them to the BBB.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Thanks for the advise guys. This just hit me at the wrong time... the ford dealer called earlier today on the '01 that's in the shop - I got a "pinger" and they said according to the TSB... "it's a normal condition" (BS - took a while but I did locate SSM # 15571... the ECU calibration fix), old lady had to work very late (so no dinner), just got an email from a person that I was doing volunteer web site design work on (AFTER they asked me to redesign their site and spending 10 hours working on their stuff - then telling me it was usueless as they know more about site design then I do???? Yeah, right :rollseyes ), and then this URP thing... that was the last straw. Venting was good, but as always, it makes you look like an unreasonale a$$. Life is like so wonderful that way :lol1: .

Anyway - I'll give UPR a chance to make it right... and post a retraction when they do (as I'm sure they will).

Mark.....

UPR1

Established Member
UPRresponse on the rear bumper insert mixup.

Mark,

If you have received the the wrong bumper sticker in error
I will make sure that we get the right parts sent out to you today. We all know the difference in the Cobra lettering sizes
due to the fact I measured and made them in an afternoon on our vinyl sticker machine after I went to try on the older lettering and saw the titanic difference.

Please to anyone on this board or any customer at all. UPR is here for all of you not vice versa, so whenever there is a issue or problem you need help with w will do everything in our power to make it perfect. Life's too short don't hold back and always asks lots of questions.

Mark e-mail me at [email protected] or call me 561-523-0815 on my cell phone. Just take the sticker you have now and shelf it or sell it to a older Cobra which it fits. Then I will get a new one sent out to you today no matter what.

By the way all UPR is coming out with stainless steel lettering kits
for the bumpers of all ford's over the next 4 weeks. They will be available in brushed, polished and anodized then laser engraved.

If anyone thinks there are any new parts needed for the 03 Cobra's chime in and tell me what it is and I'll build them.

Take care all
Joe Mainiero/UPRproducts owner

MinGrey03

Established Member
Tim at UPR has been good to me. As Joe said, they will look after the error. Have you called them to explain what happened?

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
okay UPR....

I'll call you on your parts idea thingy....

Here is a link to a thread plaguing 3500 '03 cobras and countless other 01 - 03 mustangs....

http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=144920#post144920

Not to stress you any more on it but, the factory Cobra vert boot is rather disappointing. Doesn't want to stay down even when installed properly, looks wrinkly too.

c'mon aftermarket, a nice two piece hard paintable boot cover would be swell.

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by sn8k
Thanks for the advise guys. This just hit me at the wrong time... the ford dealer called earlier today on the '01 that's in the shop - I got a "pinger" and they said according to the TSB... "it's a normal condition" (BS - took a while but I did locate SSM # 15571... the ECU calibration fix), old lady had to work very late (so no dinner), just got an email from a person that I was doing volunteer web site design work on (AFTER they asked me to redesign their site and spending 10 hours working on their stuff - then telling me it was usueless as they know more about site design then I do???? Yeah, right :rollseyes ), and then this URP thing... that was the last straw. Venting was good, but as always, it makes you look like an unreasonale a$$. Life is like so wonderful that way :lol1: .

Anyway - I'll give UPR a chance to make it right... and post a retraction when they do (as I'm sure they will).

Mark.....
Sorry to hear about the shipping mistake and the website problem, but damn son, can't you cook your own dinner?!:bash:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
OK guys - first off, thanks for the message Joe... I know it's really got to be hard to read stuff like I said and then respond in a professional manner and not take what was said personally.

I didn't even have to call.... Tim called me a few minutes ago to advise me that a new set of inserts were on the way, along with a set of bullet door pins, and shipping next day UPS! It's readily apparent that the boys at UPR treat their customers extremely well and try their level best by going above and beyond the call of duty to make things right.

And lastly, I apologize to Joe & all the guys at UPR products. They DON'T suck a$$, they rock! :thumbsup:

Mark......

Elliotness

Established Member
Sweet, I need some stuff for my 03. Oh, I guess I should wait to get the 03... D***

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Originally posted by rcogs
Sorry to hear about the shipping mistake and the website problem, but damn son, can't you cook your own dinner?!:bash:
hehehe - some of us just know how to cook good vittles. I made a sandwich - and called it good. :lol:

The website design gig was just so much BS (probably the real reason I went off half cocked)...
| proposed new site | old site |

I mean - geez... it was no where near done and the guy "in charge" started telling me how everything needs to change, must use the cube, what was wrong with the prop spinning gif, etc. He did the design on the old site (I did the graphics though) - so that explains a little. He's just clueless - thinks the entire world is on a high speed connection. I have since told them I am no longer interested in helping.

Sorry for the off topic post,

Mark....

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I ordered their CAI and bumper inserts. I also got the 01 inserts. The CAI worked like a champ and took about 20 minutes to install but didn't come with the required screws and nuts.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
As I posted earlier - UPR did send a new set of 03 inserts.... too bad the "A" (last letter) was on the carrier incorrectly (or more correct, the carrier was put on backwards). When I tried to peel it off, the vinyl letter distorted and was impregnated with paper from the carrier - rendering the letter totally useless. So here I was sitting with a really nice "COBR" lettering on the back of the new snake and no "A". To make a long story short - I ripped off the letters already applied... wasted about 1 hour, and will just chalk this one up to a bad $50 investment and a "not-too-happy" experience.

Anyway - I'm glad some out there have not had to deal with these types of quality control issues with UPR (incorrect part shipped 1st time, bad part shipped on the 2nd go around). Maybe I was a little harsh saying *edited - but I tell you what, they certainly have some quality control issues. To be brutally honest - it's not worth the headaches dealing with 'em.

Good luck to rest of you guys - I'm afraid you'll need it.

Mark.......

Users who are viewing this thread