UPR coilovers??

ericburt

Established Member
Looking into getting UPR coilovers for the front of my cobra. Does anyone have these? How low are they able to go? Do they install in the same spot the spring sits in?

Also what spring rate would be suitable for daily driving. Not going for track ability. Just stance.

Thanks

White96svt

Established Member
I've never personally owned the UPR coil over setup but my buddy is doing a Hellion build and that's what is supplied. I've had QA1 and I thought it was nice but the UPR seems better in my eyes. For a street car, 14" 175lb springs are probably a descent option. As far as the location, no they don't sit in the same place as the stock springs. Coil overs combine the strut and spring into one assembly. They will able to be adjusted pretty much as low as you could possibly go.

KCRN12

Established Member
I wouldn't go any less than 325lb/in unless all you're doing is drag racing. I recently bought a set of MM coil overs and when I was on the phone with them they told me that the lowest they recommend going on a street car is 325. Anything less than that and you'll have too much body roll. They're also 10" springs.

harvboi05

Established Member
I've never personally owned the UPR coil over setup but my buddy is doing a Hellion build and that's what is supplied. I've had QA1 and I thought it was nice but the UPR seems better in my eyes. For a street car, 14" 175lb springs are probably a descent option. As far as the location, no they don't sit in the same place as the stock springs. Coil overs combine the strut and spring into one assembly. They will able to be adjusted pretty much as low as you could possibly go.

was your buddy rocking a front roll bar?

stiffler197

Hollow Point Racing
Established Member
I have the upr kit. Talked to upr before buying spring and they said for a street car that sees the dragstrip and the auto cross the 12" 250 lb spring are best.

tistan

Established Member
I had the 12/250 springs, and they were pretty stiff. I felt every bump on the street. I went to the 14/175 and it worked alot better at the track, and it is a little more comfortable.

Zacharyx

Established Member
14/175 if you have any weight reduction up front and the 14/225-250 if you have not. I have run from 150- 425 springs and the 300 and up just seemed to beat the front of the car up on the street, could just be the roads here.

Users who are viewing this thread