UPR coil over problem

04cobruh

Established Member
So I went to throw on my UPR coil overs and when i slid the sleeve on they do not clear the strut mount. Is it supposed to fit like this? I am running the koni adjustables. Should I notch them to sit flush? I know the kit specific for the bilsteins is different since the tubes are smaller diameter.
Seriously though WTF?
E7E8B177-FA0C-46AE-97E4-B5C15B027B2B_zpszfdf9p8y.jpg

36B1810A-C520-41C8-887A-BE5A82C05280_zpsbkr2qded.jpg

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I have seen people notch them. You need the sleeves to stay stationary so I would say do what you need.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

cobranick01

Established Member
Some manufacturers already have them notched out. I would do like lowflyin said and clearence it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

04cobruh

Established Member
Made a small notch just enough to clear the mount. Seems to have worked perfectly. Now to do the other side.
Thanks guys. Just a little nerve wracking grinding on a brand new part!

04cobruh

Established Member
AD929DA3-7272-4536-AA65-9DF249629D91_zpskshok4lo.jpg

Fit great.

Now that I have the ride height set to my liking the springs seems to be making a lot of noise. Almost like road feedback being amplified through the spring. Not a loose sound or anything. Is this pretty typical?

s351

Established Member
Yes you get way more road noise and clunking sounds. I was very disappointing when I went to coilovers. I'm hoping the mm stuff is better but I doubt it.

bad93svt

Established Member
I have been running a 12-175 spring w/tokico drag strut, 2" genesis spacer (maximum engineered advised me to run this)
It rides quiet-no knocking-clunking.

If you run a 14" spring on our cars, the front end weight is to much & the springs bows rubbing some strut bases & sounds like a bucket

s351

Established Member
Ya mine sounds cheap as well I hate it. On a smooth road it's great but bumps and slow driving all I hear is front suspension.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Mine don't make any bad clanking noises but my god do they squeak over small little bumps. I'm going to see if I put some rubber isolaters on the springs if it helps.

s351

Established Member
Ya I'm either going to try those poly isos or switch to mm coil overs.

s351

Established Member
Ya when I went turbo I didn't do my research on coilovers and I thought something was wrong when I drove my car for the first time.

cobranick01

Established Member
I experienced the same noise. I pulled the coil over sleeve off and applied some permetex "right stuff" rtv on the strut and slide the sleeve back on. So when it dried it was a snug fit. And also installed a set of Maximum motorsport bump stops. It reduced the clunking noise dramatically when hitting bumps

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread