UPR and Dyno Today

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Okay here goes, 1000 miles on the car, 1100 in mods and here are the results :)

cobradyno.jpg

The car runs like a banshee!

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
get a few more miles on that beast and your numbers will surely be much higher!! :beer:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
:beer:

What you expected?

Good temps for Vegas..

Mac03Cobra

Thanks everyone.

Mac03Cobra, actually I expected less. For some reason in Vegas we tend to dyno somewhat less than in California, this is strictly a subjective observation on my part, and the comparison is based on what I have seen between Z's here locally and in CA.

Mike @ Silver State Motor Sports generally makes fun of my Z, I think it dynos around 371, 356 RWHP/RWTQ SAE corrected. Well today he was in utter amazement on how well the Cobra performed, not an easy guy to impress since he has built some wicked machines.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Is everyone getting that much torque drop on the high end after a pulley swap? That seems out of whack considering my stock pull the torque curve looked like this:

It was unreal.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Do you see how your torque is beautiful up until 3000rpm and then it starts to drop rapidly. This is because your PCM is pulling mucho timing. I had the exact same problem after I tried out Diablo program XHP2. If you have that same program, chances are you are losing around 6-7 degress of timing from 3000rpm on up. If you have an Autotap, hook it up and make a couple of full throttle runs in 3rd gear on the highway while logging timing advance. That should verify what I think is happening. If I'm right and you get a new program (get the one that 46stang has) you'll keep that nice torque pretty much across the board (HP might change a little but mine didn't).

If you don't believe me, do a search here and you'll see that others have had the same characteristic torque curve with Diablo program XHP2. I think that coleman was one of the people that I pointed this out to. I even posted my timing charts that I logged with the chip as well as my dyno graph.

Best of luck,

MJ

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
It was unreal. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks MJ,

I do have autotap but it is for a chevy. I have no reason to doubt you, you are very well respected on this forum and produce some of the most knowledgeable posts I have seen. I would like to pose a question to you if I may. When they burned my chip I requested they take into account the 91 crap gas we have here and a DA of 4500 would that have any effect on the pulling of the timing? I have a Z and I use Autotap and LS1 edit timing is pulled severly on crap gas, when I mix 50/50 91/100 timing goes back up. I appreciate all your help and suggestions and welcome your response.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Z06_2002
It was unreal.

Thanks MJ,

I do have autotap but it is for a chevy. I have no reason to doubt you, you are very well respected on this forum and produce some of the most knowledgeable posts I have seen. I would like to pose a question to you if I may. When they burned my chip I requested they take into account the 91 crap gas we have here and a DA of 4500 would that have any effect on the pulling of the timing? I have a Z and I use Autotap and LS1 edit timing is pulled severly on crap gas, when I mix 50/50 91/100 timing goes back up. I appreciate all your help and suggestions and welcome your response. [/B][/QUOTE]

Seriously, don't take my or anyone else's word on it. Do the search on here and :read:

The timing pull is very abrupt and not what I'd consider ideal. For bad gas, I'd pull timing all across the board not just from 3K up. What I found with this program is that *too much* timing advance is programmed and the PCM pulls some due to knock.

Best,

MJ

P.S. If you need anything, you can email me at: [email protected]

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Coleman,

Your car looks awesome, great website. My dyno guy can reburn chips so after my car breaks in a little while I think I will do a widband o2 reading and have him tune it to this area for optimum performance. It was nice of mjchip to chime in and point this out since I am trying to get up to speed on the Ford products, haven't owned too many Fords.

A little off topic, I have always dreamed of kind of playing with another car and then hammering it when possible and just pulling away. Well tonight there is a nice kid to the left of me and wants to run his GT, newer one. We have a clear shot one way no traffic, I let him take off I just match his front fender, about 1/2 way through second I punch it letting it all hang out, quite an impressive arsenal these cars have.

46stang

Established Member
Z06_2002: Yea thats the california crap gas file! I have a flip chip on my car and your tq curve looks identical to the CA program i have. Ask for the other file(non california)!! I was unsure if crappy 91 oct would be ok, so i have both files. I have been running the non califonia file for a couple of months now and absolutely no pinging! I gained 30-40rwtq in some spots on the tq curve with the other program!! nice numbers btw :beer:
Leon

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
46stang,

Thank you for bringing me up to date on the chips. It is great to know that there are other options in tuning with the chip. I appreciate the help!

Users who are viewing this thread