Upr all ford powerfest !!!

ponynx

Established Member
looks like upr stood up to the plate and is going to run their own event in the ffw slot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: lets have a great turn out and pass this along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! marks post:

uprmark1

Trader Feedback: (0)

UPR Ford Fest at New England Dragway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I figuratively shook hands with Joe Lombardo, track manager at New England Dragway to be title sponsor of the 1st Annual All Ford UPR Power Fest on August 15 and 16.
I have always enjoyed the Fun Ford race and hated to see it go all brands. Now the race will continue on as a Ford only event. There are still details to be ironed out (heads up classes) but the car show and Ford brackets are a done deal.
I'll be there with our 53' vending trailer and am contacting car clubs this weekend.
Also I'm talking to many of our UPR sponsored racers to get ideas to present to Mr. Lombardo. Chris Little will have his 200mph drag radial car there and, hopefully the list will grow quickly. I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just trying to keep a tradition going at a great location in the sport I love.
But most important, I want every ford enthusiast to feel welcome and appreciated.
Mark Mainiero VP UPR

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
wow...thats pretty cool....but are people going to show?? FFW imo has diminished a little bit the last few years. What can they do to get people up there??

ponynx

Established Member
i spoke with mark at UPR today just before lunch and what he wants is just good ol drag racing, yes there will be fast cars there but its for the regular racer as well. no huge fees , no big dollar classes except for a few. joe ( track manager) will decide the classes but the peoples input will be good as well to get this worked out in a short amount of time. ALL SHOULD SHOW UP !!!!!! if there is a good turnout then there will be the second annual , we need to show our support for ford , UPR and our track ! PLEASE SHOW UP EVERYONE AND PASS THE WORD !!!!!

cobra03red

Established Member
You think they will let us run 2 classes like before. I used to run Fast Ford and Mod Comp. One bracket and one pro class. I hope so anyway. I have already rounded up about 10 people to go. We will be there.

ponynx

Established Member
just spoke with joe lombardo at new england dragway about the new UPR powerfest this august . the bracket classes and a true street class are pretty much a done deal but what needs to be worked out is the heads up classes !!!!! we are in agreement the heads up classes be within reason , we dont think there is going to be any classes that would need a 80,000 dollar race car to be competitive . i think for at least one heads up class there should be a 12.50 heads up class seeing such a large amount of cars seem to run mid 12.s to low 13s ........im not sure but we could really use EVERYONES input on this, i am meeting with joe on wed night and as many times it takes to work this out. we need to keep it simple and cheap so EVERYONE can race and have a great weekend !!! please pass this info along to all other forums as well, we need many people as we can get to make this an annual event !!!!!!! then forward all reponses back to me here ....THANKS EVERYONE !

Users who are viewing this thread