Upper pullie

redz_02

Established Member
Well I can come accross a motoblue 3 lb pullie pretty cheaply, and I have a friend with a removal tool. I have heard about slipping issues with the upper, any one have any input?

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
No idea I decided not to do the upper until I had the idlers
DSCF1563.sized.jpg

dirtchicken

Banned
First off, there is no such thing as a 3lb upper. You might get 2 at the most. As for the slipping, the smaller you go on the upper pulley the less surface area there is for the belt to ride on.

redz_02

Established Member
dirtchicken said:
First off, there is no such thing as a 3lb upper. You might get 2 at the most. As for the slipping, the smaller you go on the upper pulley the less surface area there is for the belt to ride on.

Thats the only thing i could think of b/c the difference between the upper and lower. Cobra guys seem to run the upper pretty successfull. It is the 2.75" pullie, what is the stock blower pullie size? http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightaspg.htm

AZ ERIK

Established Member
Accually I think the 2.7 might be a 3# ( well might have supposed to have yeilded a 4# increase but due to slipping they could just call it a 3#) My 2.8 was supposed to be a 2# and with my 4# lower I am seeing 6#. Wow I sure like these # signs!

redz_02

Established Member
For some reason we do see # signs alot in the 2nd gen section. Did the tensioner help any? I was thinking of running a 4 lb lower and a 2 lb upper so i could pull the upper off in the winter.

AZ ERIK

Established Member
From everything I'm seeing the tensioner made a big diff. I had pretty bad belt slip before and going with a maller pulley would only make it worse. I've gone WOT more times in the last 3 days (Messing with different tunes) than I have in the last 3 months and appear to have very very minimal slip. I personally would not do an upper without the idlers.

Users who are viewing this thread