Upper/lower Ported 03 vs Cam'd, nitrous LS1

Interspy24

Established Member
Dvst8or said:
Wow, I didn't know there were two of these things going.

How is it going guys, this is the owner of the camaro in the video. Thanks for all the props. And I will try to keep up and answer any questions you guys may have.

Badass ride man! :coolman: I'm surprised you found traction, 4.10s with the hose is usually spin city.

I know someone posted about the exhaust setup, but could you elaborate on it? Longtubes, x-pipe, and true duals with round magnaflow mufflers?

Dvst8or

Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Badass ride man! :coolman: I'm surprised you found traction, 4.10s with the hose is usually spin city.

I know someone posted about the exhaust setup, but could you elaborate on it? Longtubes, x-pipe, and true duals with round magnaflow mufflers?

Basically its 2.5" all the way. After the x-pipe into goes to two regular (I say regular because I don't know the specifics on them) and then it goes through two more magnaflow race mufflers to reduce interior drone and noise.

Here are some pics :
IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

And there are several more. If you want to see them just ask.

Interspy24

Established Member
ChipR4cam said:
Wow, that Cobra got destroyed.:eek:

That cobra is fast, but after the camaro hit second it looked like he was doing a flyby exhaust vid. To pull a 520rwhp car like that is insane! :rockon:

Last edited:

Z O SICK

Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Wow, thanks for the pics man! Looks and sounds great! :coolman:

That car is one of the best looking and best sounding F-body I've see! When Brian and I ran, you could hear our cars for miles lol.

IBleedBlue

a.k.a ReaperAZ
Established Member
Z O SICK said:
That car is one of the best looking and best sounding F-body I've see! When Brian and I ran, you could hear our cars for miles lol.

I can verify that. We were quite a distance away from where it went down and you could clearly hear them.

LT1Porsche

Established Member
Im very interested in your exhaust setup and my only question is, on the second set of mufflers are they the race series mufflers or just a set of the round mufflers. The reason for the question is you said 2.5" all the way and the race mufflers only come in 3.5" and 4" and i dont see the pipe stepped to a larger size to accomidate the difference. So i am led to believe they are just a set of round mufflers. I am saying this because i am in love with the sound and would love to replicate this exhaust on my 2000 trans am. Also what headers are you running?

lucafu1

Established Member
LT1Porsche said:
Im very interested in your exhaust setup and my only question is, on the second set of mufflers are they the race series mufflers or just a set of the round mufflers. The reason for the question is you said 2.5" all the way and the race mufflers only come in 3.5" and 4" and i dont see the pipe stepped to a larger size to accomidate the difference. So i am led to believe they are just a set of round mufflers. I am saying this because i am in love with the sound and would love to replicate this exhaust on my 2000 trans am. Also what headers are you running?

they do not just come in 3.5 and up. look around summits net catalog, youll be suprised what they sell.

LT1Porsche

Established Member
thats what i am saying and that i did look around. All of the race series mufflers including directly from magnaflow and from summit and from jegs and a few more were only sold in 3.5" + but they did sell a 4", 5" or 6" round polished mufflers with a 2.5" inlet and outlet which look like the race series by shape but are not.

Last edited:

Dvst8or

Established Member
LT1Porsche said:
thats what i am saying and that i did look around. All of the race series mufflers including directly from magnaflow and from summit and from jegs and a few more were only sold in 3.5" + but they did sell a 4", 5" or 6" round polished mufflers with a 2.5" inlet and outlet which look like the race series by shape but are not.

I am really not sure as to all the specifics. I just know what I asked for and the shop did the rest. The shop that did all the work is AZ Power and Sound in Phoenix, AZ. Give them a call and they will be happy to answer all your questions.

And I am runing Kooks 1 7/8 headers.

Brian

LordofChaos

My WS6 sucks
Established Member
great race!

ls1 sounded badass, cant wait till mine is runnin again.

what size cam do you have Dvst8or?

i'm hopin for around 430 rwhp with my heads/cam setup, and then I'll be spraying a 150 shot on top of that.

Dvst8or

Established Member
LordofChaos said:
great race!

ls1 sounded badass, cant wait till mine is runnin again.

what size cam do you have Dvst8or?

i'm hopin for around 430 rwhp with my heads/cam setup, and then I'll be spraying a 150 shot on top of that.

Its a custom grind from AZ Power and Sound. I don't know the exact specs. You would have to talk to the shop to find those out. :-D

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread