Upper intake gasket re-useable?

Epikmach

Established Member
I removed my intake spacer today, & reused one of the stock gaskets, & the car had a horrible vacuum leak. Everything seemed to be torqued down to spec? I even tried to reuse the other intake gasket, & still the same thing? Are these gaskets NOT re-useable?

330mach1

Established Member
they are reusable you just have to make sure the plastic on them is not cracked, and that the rubber is not torn on them

330mach1

Established Member
did you try to spray intake cleaner around the gaskets with them installed to see exactly where it's leaking. and make sure the spacer isn't warped with a straight edge

Epikmach

Established Member
did you try to spray intake cleaner around the gaskets with them installed to see exactly where it's leaking. and make sure the spacer isn't warped with a straight edge

The spacer is no longer on the car. We did spray some carb cleaner & it was leaking on the passenger side? I guess I just need new gaskets?

330mach1

Established Member
that would be my first step, but before you spend money take a flat edge and make sure the spacer is flat and not warped

Epikmach

Established Member
that would be my first step, but before you spend money take a flat edge and make sure the spacer is flat and not warped

Ok thanks, I will give that a try. So if the spacer is warped, what would that mean if its no longer on the car?

Epikmach

Established Member
if the spacer is warped you can either try to straighten it, or get a new one

Thanks again for the info, but I think you are misunderstanding me? I am trying to run the car without the spacer right now, but after I removed the spacer & went back to stock, the car had a bad vacuum leak.

Last edited:

330mach1

Established Member
oh sorry i was backwards then, with the intake on with out the spacer its leaking on passenger side? pull the hat off and inspect the gasket right there and make sure the gasket mating surface is clean

Epikmach

Established Member
oh sorry i was backwards then, with the intake on with out the spacer its leaking on passenger side? pull the hat off and inspect the gasket right there and make sure the gasket mating surface is clean

Thanks man. Took the intake back off, cleaned the mating surface a bit more & it worked out. No more leak...

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Why are you taking it off?

I put on a 3/8's on Saturday. Butt dyno says it's faster. :rolling::burnout:

I got a CEL at first, until I realized I had a harness I forgot to reconnect.

Epikmach

Established Member
The spacer removal is only temporary... Thanks for the compliment on the Fox....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread