Upper intake broke!

Prostyle

Established Member
Hey guys, i was pulling my intake to put my injectors in, and i realized my upper intake was broke. The 2 back bolts holding them on werent there, and the ears were broke off.

Think the intake will be fine? I wasnt sure since im going to be running 15-18lbs of boost. Didnt want air escaping or w/e might happen

Any inputs? i can get pics to show what im talking about if needed.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I wouldn't chance it man. I think there is a intake lid forsale in the market section of SVTP.. Might wanna check it out. :D

Prostyle

Established Member
What would you guys think about welding a washer onto it so the bolt fits?

Or mig welding a big ear onto it and smoothing it out and drilling it for the hole?

Its only the top left ear that is broke. I mislooked it early and thought another1 was broken too.

SVTContique

If you can weld onto it i cant see why not... might not look pretty but as long as it sits flush and still seals you will be fine.

IMO just get a new upper.

CJK440

Established Member
You can get a mass of alum welded on that you can machine and tap but will cook the powder nearby and I'd check the gasket surface after to make sure the heat didn't warp the thing.

But for how much you are going to pay to have that done, might as well buy another upper.

Users who are viewing this thread