upper and lower contol arms 96 cobra

Jo Jos 96 Cobra

Established Member
ok so after grading my rear tires from 245/45 17 to 275/40 17 the fact that the bushings on my factory uppers and lowers are shot has became the next in line of upgrades. so my question is are there that many more pros to a high dollar set over a set like sve from late model? also i have heard the polly bushings are are hard on the torque

Last edited:

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
The SVE set from Late Model will definitely do the trick, and do a great job. Polly's will be a bit stiffer, and probably last a bit longer, but won't cause any added stress to the parts. Depending on what you plan to do with car the SVE set should be ample for a refresh.

cobralvr01

Established Member
I was kind of in the same boat a couple of days ago. I pulled out the rear end to rebuild it and throw in 4.10's. I decided to go ahead and replace the bushings while I was in there. Turns out my upper control arms' bushing hole warped and now has a nice egg shape causing alot of wheel hop and a lot of vibration when slowing down. I would just opt to get new control arms from AM. Replacing bushings are a pain in the ass and you're only spending $50 more to get new bushings that have already been pressed in and new control arms in general. You can get a full control arm kit both upper and lower for about $140 shipped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread