upgrading tranny, this a good combo?

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
recently i broke the 5th 6th shift fork and my car is in the shop now. car is stock now, but my future plans include pullies and eventually a kb. with that being said i want to upgrade the tranny now to handle 600ish rwhp. my ideas are spec 3+ clutch 26 spline, fidanza alum. flywheel, liberty 26 spline input shaft, hardened TOB retainer (which one is best???). looking for suggestions, are there better parts? anything else i need to upgrade, or any other problems i may come accross. thanks!!

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
recently i broke the 5th 6th shift fork and my car is in the shop now. car is stock now, but my future plans include pullies and eventually a kb. with that being said i want to upgrade the tranny now to handle 600ish rwhp. my ideas are spec 3+ clutch 26 spline, fidanza alum. flywheel, liberty 26 spline input shaft, hardened TOB retainer (which one is best???). looking for suggestions, are there better parts? anything else i need to upgrade, or any other problems i may come accross. thanks!!

sounds good! good luck

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
This is what I just did (not installed yet though)...

McLeod Series 800 Clutch
McLeod Diaphragm Style Pressure Plate
Ford Racing Billet Steel Flywheel
Ford Racing Heavy Duty Throwout Bearing
Lethal Performance T-56 Throwout Bearing Retainer Sleeve
Liberty 26-Spline Input Shaft
Liberty 26-Spline Input Shaft Shim Kit

Hope this helps!

Nino S

Established Member

Their is a nice clutch package price from LFP for the Spec stage 3+ and most of the other stuff you listed

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i ordered it all through lethal....hopefully have it in by this weekend!!

Thanks a bunch Mike! Your stuff is on the way and you'll see it by the weekend unless there's some major weather delays. We appreciate your support. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Thanks, Jared :beer:

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
thank you jared, stuff showed up tuesday and hopefully ill have the car running by this weekend. great service and quick shipping! ill be getting a tuner and some bf pullies here soon so ill let yah know. one question, is 500 miles a good breakin time or should i go longer?

p.s. open a shop in seattle!

Users who are viewing this thread